Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Penn Reels

Post Thanks / Like

Default Penn Reels

Has anyone sent a reel to Penn for repair, I did 2 months ago, and received an email that there would be a turn around time of 2 1/2 weeks, still no reel. Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience, as this reel if one of my offshore reels, and the time to get offshore is upon us, hearing of 100 + lb Cobia being caught, I'm waiting for this reel.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LakeHardingSpirit
    Has anyone sent a reel to Penn for repair, I did 2 months ago, and received an email that there would be a turn around time of 2 1/2 weeks, still no reel. Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience, as this reel if one of my offshore reels, and the time to get offshore is upon us, hearing of 100 + lb Cobia being caught, I'm waiting for this reel.
    Never sent anything to Penn, I've heard similar stories. If I can't do it myself, I take it to a shop in P'cola.

I'd be burning the service manager's ear off. If you haven't already called him, I'd do so tomorrow. If you sent it to the main Penn service center the number's 215-229-9415 extension 181.

Now's not the time to have your tackle in the shop. Cobes are bitin' pretty good I hear.

Post Thanks / Like

I have never sent anything to Penn - parts are usally easy to find and there are a lot of tackle shops that service Penn Reels - give them a call and and tell them you gotta have it - just got back from the Florida Keys - limited out on Yellow Tail 3 days as well as catching 4 grouper and a mutton snapper
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Peen Reels and Offshore in Carabelle

Appreciate the come back there partner, I've been hooking up with some reds, cobia and grouper along that forgotten coast.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

I got that 90.00 penn reel back, cost me 38.00 for it's repair, what a good investment no doubt.

Post Thanks / Like

Default which model

Quote Originally Posted by LakeHardingSpirit
    I got that 90.00 penn reel back, cost me 38.00 for it's repair, what a good investment no doubt.
    which model of penn did you have repaired
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

A Penn 4500 ss spinning reel, it was being discarded , and when I discovered it, I thought to myself, this thing has some life in it, so I looked up the possibility of getting it repaired through the Penn website. Glad I did.

http://www.pennreels.com
    Last edited by LakeHardingSpirit; 05-10-2005 at 12:02 PM.