Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I couldn't help but notice.....

Post Thanks / Like

Default I couldn't help but notice.....

After Ed made his post about people benefiting from the site, that so many jig makers, video sellers, rod manufacturers etc. have yet to sign up on the sponsor list. As usual Jerry and Darryl stepped up to the plate and gonna have to give kudos to Rick from Mississippi, he did also. Lots of "Ads" still in the siggy lines. Guess Ed didn't really want them to sponsor the site , he would like to sponsor them for free. Home of the one line siggy, who hasn't made a dime off of this site. FATBOY

Post Thanks / Like

Noticed the same thing,Sure cleaned up the threads though,,,,,

Post Thanks / Like

I cant even find where the sponcers are. When I log in to crappie.com I log straight into the main crappie fishing forum and rarely see the home page or many other pages. I think isolating the most busy part of the site from the sponcers and businesses is kinda foolish and frankly I miss having the links up there.

Its tough making a buck in the fishing industry, and there seems to be a segment of the crappie.com population that want to make it even harder, which puzzles me. We should support and encourage the businesses that specifically service the crappie angler not chase them off. This whole "lets put the ropes on businesses" in crappie.com is irritating me and its shortsighted. Yes, I believe Ed should get his cut, but my point is that there is too much business bashing going on lately when some of the best people here are part of those businesses. If I were them Id feel unwanted and a bit offended after they have been so generous with us. I dont see anyone complaining when they give their stuff away for free, but as soon as they try to get anyone to pay for something legitimately the whiners come out.

What Ed should do is make crappie.com a membership forum where everyone has to pay a $10 yearly fee to be a part of it. Give people a 1 month trail membership to see how good it is. Id happily pay $10 a year for the benefits I get from this site, and those that are too cheap to pay 10 bucks shouldnt be here. Have the businesses pay $50 a year, put sensible limits on sig advertising and let them do what they want. If a few of the jig makers cant afford $50 Im sure there are a few people out there than like em enough to help them out with the yearly fees.
    Last edited by GRIZZ; 04-14-2008 at 02:53 PM.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

Default hey grizz

like your last 5 cast rule have to use it with the misses, next time she, tapping and snapping. LOL
    Love, what more can I say

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bluegilll View Post
    O Boy! here we go again.Why do some people like kicking same ole dog.
    AMEN....We've been here and done it already. Things seem to be better than they were....if Ed isn't happy with the way things are going... HE...can let us know !
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 04-15-2008 at 08:16 AM.
    Duane

Post Thanks / Like

Agree with a membership fee for site 10.00 sounds good, most of us pay more for crappie world Magazine. this site is better than the magazine

Post Thanks / Like

Keep on keeping on Skip!
    Support Our Troops!

Post Thanks / Like

Default hmmmm

I see not much has changed on this board in the year I have been away from it. Why is it that when something is free to the public, it becomes debated as to what is and isn't appropriate actions for it's members to take? Was this board not created to make fellow Crappie fisherman to become BETTER Crappie fisherman?

I personally like to see the links & what different (small) start up business's have to offer. I may or may not plug my sponsors some, but there is nothing wrong in that, provided your not bad mouthing the competition, or abusing the freedom of speech here.

I agree that the spammers who are constantly throwing & pushing their products on here, and not contributing maybe should be charged a small advertisement fee. A membership fee for all isn't uncalled for either. Just the lake log information on here is quite valuable to me when I am researching a tournament lake which I may, or may have not ever fished before. That alone would be worth the price to me.

But the bickering & squabbling... I really could do without all that. Just my 2 cents. God Bless you all!

<,"}/>{ Rippa

Just wanted to add this edit note: I would not group what Skiptomylu is doing on here as spamming, or anyone else who contributes in the great ways he has. I am referring to events which happened some time ago, like with the bait pump. Not saying it itself was all bad either. Just was too much for my pallate to be force fed on a daily basis. Just wanted to clarify so no grey areas became darker! =] <,"}/>{ Rippa
    Last edited by Tim The Lippa Rippa Mon; 04-15-2008 at 01:45 AM.
    Just one more cast, I promise!
    Common sense isn't all that common these days.
    Take the Time & Take the Kids

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GRIZZ View Post
    Id happily pay $10 a year for the benefits I get from this site, and those that are too cheap to pay 10 bucks shouldnt be here.
    Well Grizz,,,,, I didn't know you was in my back pocket.
    Won't take too much more for me,,,, to quit taking something for nothing.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

I think that if you guys thought about it for a moment, I mean REALLY objectively thought about it, you would agree that a FELLOW MEMBER that contributes to these boards like these guys do (Guides AND Jigmakers) posting a thread about a new jig they made or how they wore em out on such and such is actually HELPFULL! Not Spam!

Spam is when a rep from MinnKota that never posts on here, finds the site on a search, posts a generic national ad for minnkota, and offers nothing else. THAT'S Spam!

Or when some one posts the same thread on 50 different sites offering you a chance to earn thousands while working at home...THATS Spam!

But when someone you laugh with, cry with, pick on, congratulate on pics, TAKE ADVICE from when they tell you where and what the fish bite on, or offer you boating advice when they are in that business, posts something that MIGHT in SOME WAY make them enough to pay for their gas in the boat next Saturday...THAT is NOT Spam.

I am fairly new here, but have belonged to MANY message boards as they relate to outdoors and this is on every one of them. Bickering, smart elick remarks, a false sense of anonymous authority, or self-righteous pride are characteristics that always seem to surface. I have been guilty of it too at times over the years.

It helps nothing. Get rid of those guys and what do you have? Mostly a bunch of us novices that wish we knew where they were biting, or would have loved to know about that new jig or gadget but didn't.

Advertising is necessary and I pay for it myslef on other boards, but if a man doesn't make enough money on the product to amount to a necessary Tax return, (think of the can of worms that alone would let out), then don't sweat it.

My .14

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast