PDA

View Full Version : ny crappie

fishnfilet
04-16-2005, 04:21 AM
finally beautiful weather.......don't have to freeze my butt while getting limit of slabs.....still trying for a New York thread.......the bite is on!!!!!!!

Shellback
04-16-2005, 05:59 AM
I'm in PA, just below Binghamton. I fish Owasco and Cayuga quite often, but not for crappie. For crappie I usually go to Whitney Point, but they have a HP restriction there and no dock for a boat, just a gravel beach. Kind of hate taking my boat there for that reason. I just picked up a 15 foot Jon boat, so hopefully I'll get it setup for Whitney Point and other small waters. Last year I just got started fishing some PA waters for crappie, Cowanesque, Hammond, and Tioga lakes. They are south of Corning, NY in PA and are Army Corps reserviors. Where abouts are you fishing for crappie up your way?

fishnfilet
04-17-2005, 02:03 AM
fishing the seneca river mostly, fished it for 25 years have the crappies almost figured out!! fish cayuga,owasco,seneca,otisco mostly right around the finfer lakes...been to whitney a couple times..it's prespawn right now, a few more weeks and the slabs will be in shallow on the lakes, still ...doing pretty good........Dave