Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 787c2i queston

East TN, Douglas,Cherokee,Watuga and South Holston
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 787c2i queston

I have a humminbird 787 c2i problem the gps will not read steady at .9 or lower
    actuall you have to be going above 2.0 mph before it will lock and ready steady
    i have sent it back twice and they sent me a new unit second time still does the same thing they tell me it should read at .9 i have a garmin 178c and it reads great has any one else had this problem with a humminbird i use it for trolling
    when i say it will not ready steady it bounces around from .9,.2,1.5,2.0,2.5 just all over the place. does the 997 and 797 do this if so how can you get on a way point with the icon moving around at slow speeds any comments welcoe
    Speck

Real men troll for crappie (Here Fishy Fishy !)

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by speck chaser View Post
    I have a humminbird 787 c2i problem the gps will not read steady at .9 or lower
    actuall you have to be going above 2.0 mph before it will lock and ready steady
    i have sent it back twice and they sent me a new unit second time still does the same thing they tell me it should read at .9 i have a garmin 178c and it reads great has any one else had this problem with a humminbird i use it for trolling
    when i say it will not ready steady it bounces around from .9,.2,1.5,2.0,2.5 just all over the place. does the 997 and 797 do this if so how can you get on a way point with the icon moving around at slow speeds any comments welcoe
    My 797 gps sucks. I don't even use it except side scanning. I use my hand held garmin.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

My 787c2i does the same thing at low speeds. I refer to my Garmin handheld for trolling speeds.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM TWEENER!
    Member of Tri-State Crappie Anglers

Post Thanks / Like

So far, my 797 give .5 MPH readings but I haven't used it a lot yet. I will know more in 60 days.
    Check out this site for good info on hummingbird units.

http://www.xumba.scholleco.com/index.php

EAST TENN. DOUGLAS CHEROKEE LOUDON TELLICO WATTS BAR
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Redtick View Post
    So far, my 797 give .5 MPH readings but I haven't used it a lot yet. I will know more in 60 days.
    Check out this site for good info on hummingbird units.

http://www.xumba.scholleco.com/index.php
    have you noticed if it will steadily read at .05 or is it bouncing around from .05 to 1 mph

Post Thanks / Like

Do the math. at 1 mph you move:
    5280 feet per hour
    88 feet per minute (5280 divided by 60)
    1.467 feet per second (88 DIVIDED BY 60)

The 1.47 feet per second don't get you out of the error band (10 ft).

Signals from Heaven come every second.

Also, don't forget wind and water currents.
    Last edited by Cane Pole; 04-14-2008 at 09:33 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

i realize there is error buy why will my garmin 178c ready staed dow to .3 and the humminbird will not and every time i call humminbird they say it should read i just want it to do what they say and i do use it as a gauge to troll with
    Speck

Post Thanks / Like

Spec, I feel your pain

Most all units (any manuf) have a program algorithm that should produce a smooth average speed. Mine jumps at slow speeds. All work good above 2 mph. That is the magical number.

Like everything else though, by the time they get the bugs out, the unit is obsolete. Story of my life.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks cane pole I am just a little upset I just spent a lot of money for a unit that will not do what it is suppose to do.I love their sonar but they need to put garmin gps in them then they might have a quality product.I shouls have put that money twoard a 997 or 1197.
    Speck

Post Thanks / Like

I and my tourney partner have 787s on our boats and we have no issues with them. Speed reads great at all speeds. If you've had 2 do it then I'd say something on your boat is causing interference somewhere. I can lay a tray of jig heads right next to or leaning on mine and the speed/location will jump around some. You've probably already tried this but I would try running it on a seperate battery where the fish finder is the only device on the battery. Something on ya boat is causing this.

Whys the garmin work and not the bird? They're two different devices made two totally separate ways so what affects one will not always affect another.
    Last edited by ykkapslabhunter; 04-16-2008 at 01:03 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast