Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Sun nite on Wylie

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sun nite on Wylie

Went back to a hole I fished in the spring and where I caught 2 17 inchers. Marked a bunch of bigger fish and got set up at dark with a sense of anticipation. Figgered if the bite was slow at least I'd be bringin in some slabs. Got a bite right off the bat and landed a medim sized bluegill. Don't know how he even got the hook in his mouth. Ended up with 4 crappies--a taterchip, 2 lifters, and a netter. Also caught 3 cats, A little one ,a 4lb'er and a 7 lb'er that put up such a fight it almost made the slow nite worth the trip. He made one long, line peelin run after another. By the time I netted him he had 5 of my 6 lines tangled. Managed to untangle everything without having to retie but the line he was hooked on was so twisted after those runs I had to discard about half the spool and start over. Gonna try to get up early and check out the morning bite soon.
    One taste of the bait
    is worth the pain of the hook

clubeclectia.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like

we had a slow night last night to kunes. I fished where i told you i was gonna go, and after two hours, we had caught only 3 lifters, 4 catfish and one brim. It was probably the worst night weve had this year. Usually well wind up with at least a good mess for one person, but that wasnt the case last night. If memory serves me correct, last year this time we was doing real good north of the BB bridge, so im gonna head that way next go around. Im thinkning about settin up around midnight and fishing to daylight and see if the morning bite is anybetter. we used to fish all night but seems like the older i get, the harder it is to stay the whole night, so i think ill try the late night/morning bite and see what happens.
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

Kunes, we had some fireworks in the beast the other night. You remember that leaking propane hose? well, i kept puttin off replacing it and the other night had a real pretty flame crawling up and down the lantern hose and pole and way up into the air till i got the valve cut off.. sorta rattles the bones when something like that happens. i got a new hose today so now you cant hear the hiss coming from the hose. its a little quieter on the beast too.....

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, carryin 3-20lb propane tanks, a jungle vine tangle of hoses (I once saw Jerry lose a half hour of fishin when he got caught up in em) and a coupla dz poles with hooks on em is a practice bound to result in a mishap, even a minor one like a fire on the boat. Sure does perk things up on a slow nite tho...
    One taste of the bait
    is worth the pain of the hook

clubeclectia.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Perk things up? lol, there for about ten seconds i was sweating more than ive sweated in the last ten year. things a little better organized now. and i have a new hose.......