View Full Version : Avatars

Rev.
04-15-2005, 10:12 PM
i want to add and avatar to my profile, how do i remove the dot that says

Do not use an avatar :confused:

lebruce
04-16-2005, 06:31 AM
i want to add and avatar to my profile, how do i remove the dot that says

Do not use an avatar :confused: Rev., Just click on the circle in the area below. Custom Avatar If you have a custom avatar and want to keep it as it is, leave the fields below as they are.
O Use Custom Avatar
You may upload a new custom image using the controls below. Either enter the URL to the image you wish to use, or use the upload control to upload an image directly from your own computer.
Enter Avatar URL:

tool
04-16-2005, 06:51 AM
The only button is the one that says do not use avatar. there is no other button to hit. i think that me and rev have the same problem. there is not option under the user cp to chance the avatar. it is defaulted to not use custom avatar and there is nothing to click on to add one.

Don G
04-16-2005, 06:59 AM
Same with me Tool

DmDuck
04-16-2005, 02:53 PM
Add me to the list of can't change the Ava...

Mrs. Crappie Stalker
04-16-2005, 08:39 PM
Same problelm here.

CrappiePappy
04-17-2005, 05:07 AM
I guess we can discount the theory of "number of posts" being a factor ........ (DonG has over 350 and still can't add an Avatar)

I wonder if it has anything to do with Operating Systems, or ISP's ? Whatever the case ..... I'm sure Ed will be working on it, when he has the time. There's got to be a "simple?" explanation, to why some of us have the option to post an Avatar & some don't ... and Ed will figure it out, eventually. Hang in there ............ luck2ya ........cp :cool:

Rev.
04-18-2005, 03:44 AM
ok i found it. look just below edit avatar and click edit profile picture.

DmDuck
04-18-2005, 05:39 AM
I used edit profile pic several weeks ago , it's loaded , I just can't get the avatar dot to go away

VietVet68
04-18-2005, 05:50 AM
I believe the profile picture, and the Avatar are two completely different things.

CrappiePappy
04-18-2005, 08:29 AM
The Avatar will show up where you see my picture holding up two Slabs -- the Signature picture will show up where you see Vets flags.

If you don't have two seperate boxes in your profile screen (after clicking on Edit Avatar in the left column of choices, in your "Control Panel") then you can't add an Avatar. When you do click "Edit Avatar" ... you should have a screen that comes up with two enclosed panels - one called "Your Current Avatar" .... and right below it, one that says "Custom Avatar". Click on the circle next to "Use Custom Avatar" and fill in the URL or Upload line. I used the Browse button to bring up my photo folder - then clicked on the picture I wanted and chose the "gif" file type. Then, when I clicked the "Open" button (on the file folder window) ... the Upload field filled itself in - then I clicked "save changes", and all of my posts ended up with the pic as an Avatar. Of course, that was after I had reduced that picture to a "thumbnail" size (79x80 pixels).

Anyone wanting to place an Avatar on their posts .... and don't have the "Custom Avatar" choice box --- I'd suggest sending an email to Ed, explaining your plight. He'll figure it out, and get you fixed up ... just give him some time. ............. luck2ya'll ..........cp :cool:

Rev.
04-18-2005, 04:08 PM
I believe the profile picture, and the Avatar are two completely different things.

you're right , the photo i loaded only shows in my profile.
back to square 1.