Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Beware Its New

Post Thanks / Like

Default Beware Its New

46.2-1088.5. Reflectors or reflectorized material required on rear end of certain trailers.

There shall be affixed to the rear end of every trailer that has an unloaded weight of 3,000 pounds or less either two or more reflectors of a type approved by the Superintendent or at least 100 square inches of solid reflectorized material. The reflectors or reflective material shall be applied so as to outline the rear end of the trailer.

This a copy of the new law that in effect now. I was told that this needs to be enforced, just wanted to let you know that it is a new law so no one has any problems. let me know if you have any questions and I will try to answer.

SO YALL BECAREFUL AND DON`T GET A TICKET.
    Dave
    Boydton,VA

Post Thanks / Like

Do the reflectors around trailer lights satisfy the law or do we need to add a couple of reflectors to the outboard edges of our trailer? My trailer is so small that I don't think I have 100 square inches of area to use reflective material.

Of course, the term reflective material is poorly defined. I can make a case that the galvanized I-beam across the back of my trailer is reflective material.
    Keith
    2008 NWR Bash Crappie Champion
    2010 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion
    2010 Buggs Bash Smallest Crappie Award

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dave
    46.2-1088.5. Reflectors or reflectorized material required on rear end of certain trailers.

There shall be affixed to the rear end of every trailer that has an unloaded weight of 3,000 pounds or less either two or more reflectors of a type approved by the Superintendent or at least 100 square inches of solid reflectorized material. The reflectors or reflective material shall be applied so as to outline the rear end of the trailer.

This a copy of the new law that in effect now. I was told that this needs to be enforced, just wanted to let you know that it is a new law so no one has any problems. let me know if you have any questions and I will try to answer.

SO YALL BECAREFUL AND DON`T GET A TICKET.
    Unloaded weight? Does that mean without the boat? That would be a big trailer.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

for what i see its with and with out.my ew is 0000 so i put it on mind.
    Dave
    Boydton,VA

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dave
    for what i see its with and with out.my ew is 0000 so i put it on mind.
    Where did you get it? No sense in taking any chances.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va