Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: New Jersey crappie???

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Jersey crappie???

Am I the only New Jersey crappie fisherman or what? Is there anybody out there?!? And should I start a NJ forum or would I be talking to myself ? To everybody else: after you drive by the refinery and go crappie fishing here you will discover that the (average crappie weight/number of square miles to fish in) far exceeds any other state. Man, I've been waiting to say that for years!
    Sorry for my Crappie attitude.

Post Thanks / Like

Default nj crappie

Hey Pomoxis, im from eastern pa ( right outside of philly) and always wanted to do some crappie fishing over in jersey just never was to familiar of the lakes and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Pomoxis
    Am I the only New Jersey crappie fisherman or what? Is there anybody out there?!? And should I start a NJ forum or would I be talking to myself ? To everybody else: after you drive by the refinery and go crappie fishing here you will discover that the (average crappie weight/number of square miles to fish in) far exceeds any other state. Man, I've been waiting to say that for years!

Post Thanks / Like

howdy Pomoxis;
    i would venture to say that you are the only one to admit that you are from New Joisey. you say that you go past the refinery where do you turn and into which landfill? :D joking !!!!! grew up across the Deleware in Bucks county, Pa. have you tried Carnegy in Princeton? or do the crew boats chase you off? Tarfu

Post Thanks / Like

I live in north central NJ near Rte 78 and most of my crappie fishing is in Spruce Run Res. I've only been as far south as Manasquan Res and Assumpink. Both of those have 'em but Manasquan has the best potential right now. I know there are some to get farther south but I have no experience there. Where are you exactly? I would be glad to show you the good stuff I know, but you might have to go north'a'ways.

Post Thanks / Like

The places I go for slabs are a paradise compared to Carnegy. Actually I have never fished there but it is just a mud pond compared to Spruce Run where I normally go. Ever been there?