Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Hillsdale Lake

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hillsdale Lake

Has any one been out to Hillsdale? Going to go after work on Monday and Wednesday if for no other reason just to get my boat on the water but just wondering if the crappie are at the dam yet.

Post Thanks / Like

No reports of crappie at the damn yet. They are still deep, water temp is about 48. They where going to start letting water out I heard. The water is very murky and up. Not sure of what is going on today.
    It's not duck season so I have to do something... :D

You are welcome to join us on in outdoor adventures in Kansas. Come along for the ride at www.kansasoutdoorsman.com ~ This is our outdoor adventures of Kansas Hunting and Fishing!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Couldn't take it any more. I bought a new wally marsh 10' rod this week so I had to go out and try it. It worked ok, I couldn't feel the bite, though with the wind and wave action I will give it another try. Went to Hillsdale for 4 hours. It was cold windy and cold. The water was rough and as very dirty. Warmest Temp I could find was 48.8 to 46.3.

I came home with 6 and sent 3 back into the water. Not a great day. It's going to take a few calm days with warmer temps. Maybe next weekend things will start picking back up.
    Last edited by Kansasoutdoorsman; 04-13-2008 at 08:11 PM.
    It's not duck season so I have to do something... :D

You are welcome to join us on in outdoor adventures in Kansas. Come along for the ride at www.kansasoutdoorsman.com ~ This is our outdoor adventures of Kansas Hunting and Fishing!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, you are dedicated. I spent the weekend decking my new boat. It was fun but....I wish it was fish ready. I hope to hit it Wednesday...
    Remember "I" before "E," except in Budweiser