Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Went to Lake Conway Yesterday

Post Thanks / Like

Default Went to Lake Conway Yesterday

I had to battle the wind pretty good. The crappie were not hitting that well. I got into two good schools of brim and tore them up. They are a better fight than a crappie anyway, they were nice and fat too. I cought a largemouth that was about 3 inches long. I threw everything back. I was on the Southwest end. Pierce Creek area. Does anyone ever do any good around Lilly Pads?

Post Thanks / Like

Butler you need to get out on Conway more and figure out where the biguns are holding so you can pass the info on to me. Now that I have my taxes out of the way and my boat is almost cappie ready I am itching to go up and catch a mess up on Conway.
    You should have some company up there tommorow since the weather will be so nice. Take a pair of binoculars and see how there catching them. However with the weather so nice you may just be able to walk from boat to boat and just ask. Bet the lake will be loaded with fisherman tommorow.

Post Thanks / Like

I did notice that everyone was not where I was yesterday. The wind was blowing right across the lake so I had to stay on one side so I would not have to battle it so much. I will just have to suck it up next time and do it right.

Post Thanks / Like

Keep me posted. I am going to Ouachita Sunday. I wanted to go to the lake and not step foot off the boat this weekend but a 6 year old birthday party is going to kill the Saturday idea. Doubt we will catch much out of the barge this time of year. 32 foot party barge + crystal clear water + shallow crappie = Long John Silvers on the way home from the lake.
    Good luck on Conway