Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Finally Nebraska crappie fisherman

Post Thanks / Like

Default Finally Nebraska crappie fisherman

Welcome to this site! You will have a good time here and learn a lot from the knowledgeable and friendly fishermen here!

I grew up in Lincoln, went to Lincoln Northeast, then to the U.
    Grew up fishing the Salt Valley Watershed Lakes as they were filling in the 60's. Fished Conestoga, Pawnee, Bluestem, Branched Oak and a lot of the smaller lakes around those areas. Can even remember they stocked northern when the dams were first built. We even used to ice fish at some of the lakes. Remember cutting a class here and there to get in on some of the good spring fishing. Used to do very well fishing from the dams of Pawnee and Conestoga for crappie in March and April.
    So what lakes are hot the last few years and where is everyone from?

Husker
    the trick to catch that finnicky speck....
    gently set the hook just before the peck

Post Thanks / Like

grew up in Waverly, went to Waverly, then to the U.
    Grew up fishing the Salt Valley Watershed Lakes Fished Conestoga, Pawnee, Stage Coach, Branched Oak and a lot of the smaller lakes around those areas.
    Used to do very well fishing from the dams of Pawnee and Conestoga for crappie in March and April.

Husker, I edited your post and used it as my own. Very similar except you are way older than me:D

I now live in Kansas near a large Army Corps lake SW of KC. Fishing hasn't been that hot as he have had a cold and rainy spring. The water is carrying a lot of silt and they have been dropping the lake to get ready for the spring monsoons.

Brent
    Remember "I" before "E," except in Budweiser