Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Weiss report

Post Thanks / Like

Default Weiss report

Just got back. Fished Sunday through Tuesday. Had 13 on Sun, 21 on Mon, and 41 on Tuesday. Caught biggest fish trolling in Little river with jigs. Several 1 to 1 and half pounders. Caught several fish in 2 feet of water or less in backs of creeks also. Some on minnows and some trolling jigs under floats. Started slow and got better and got to spend time with the old man which was main part of going. Guides were getting there limits or close to it daily, but they were out all day to get them. The guys at JRs do a good job getting you on fish. Good place to stay. Always meet a lot of good people and most are very helpful with info. Wish I could get there more than once a year. Bryan

Post Thanks / Like

Default ? on WEISS LAKE

We Are Heading There Saturday For 6 Days, Do You Think The Weather Will Pull Them Off The Banks. We Hired A Guide For Sunday,because We Have Never Fished There Before, And I Hear Its You Mostly Long Line Troll. Any Ideas Will Help. We Were Planning Our Yearly Trip To Kentucky Lake, But With The Water 5ft Above Summer Pool We Opted To Try Weiss.

Post Thanks / Like

Fished Weiss today at Mud creek. So windy it had small white caps!! Caught a few very small ones trolling and found one good size male in 3 feet of water on the bank. Came home with 1 First time I got skunked on Weiss. It was bound to happen sooner or later. The way this spring temps have been up and down and with another cold front coming in. Its anyones guess what the fish will do. The troll maybe over so I would start shooting docks and casting up near the banks

Post Thanks / Like

Good Lucky on your trip. I hope you bring home a boat load. Be very careful there is a lot of stumps try to keep an eye on the local and were they run. I will call mid week and expect a good report.Good Luck again an be safe Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by robert fox View Post
    We Are Heading There Saturday For 6 Days, Do You Think The Weather Will Pull Them Off The Banks. We Hired A Guide For Sunday,because We Have Never Fished There Before, And I Hear Its You Mostly Long Line Troll. Any Ideas Will Help. We Were Planning Our Yearly Trip To Kentucky Lake, But With The Water 5ft Above Summer Pool We Opted To Try Weiss.

Post Thanks / Like

Robert you have a pm.