Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Side looking images slide show....pics

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Side looking images slide show....pics

The video capture of the side looking stuff sucked, so I made a slide show of the stuff. Lots better pictures.

Keep an eye on the depth and the bottom density. You will see how it works as it transitions from bottom view to side view then back to bottom view.

Saved me a lot of fishing where they ain't time.

Tom

Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

frank lawhead is offline RIP Frank - Crystal is now posting on his behalf.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default video

P retty good lookin stuff----is the bottom set of didits the battery voltage ?
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by frank lawhead View Post
    P retty good lookin stuff----is the bottom set of didits the battery voltage ?
    Yep. It is battery voltage.

It is nasty down here Frank. High water, turtles, snakes and Yankees.

Post Thanks / Like

Some of us yankees aren't all bad....well at least we aren't as bad as snakes.
    Duane

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whackmaster View Post
    Ha.

I was in the bush fishing. Found snakes, turtles and Yanks. The Yanks were hauling in the fish too. We had a good time.

Tom

Post Thanks / Like

Good post CP. I just got a HB 797 and that was taking up all my time. Hadn't thought about the pure sonar side of it. I bought one of those little portable side finding sonars to take to Canada a couple of years back. (I think HB bought them since I got mine.) Haven't used it since. I think I will put it on the boat and see what I can find in conjunction with the other side image stuff. Might have to invest in a better one like the Lowrance you have if it works.

At least when I go out and don't catch anything I can say I was too busy with the electronics to fish.

A day late, a dollar short and two drinks behind.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by whackmaster View Post
    But some are just bad enough to lose 2 games already to the cellar dweller Royals...I smell a sweep tonite :D

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lag View Post
    Good post CP. I just got a HB 797 and that was taking up all my time. Hadn't thought about the pure sonar side of it. I bought one of those little portable side finding sonars to take to Canada a couple of years back. (I think HB bought them since I got mine.) Haven't used it since. I think I will put it on the boat and see what I can find in conjunction with the other side image stuff. Might have to invest in a better one like the Lowrance you have if it works.

At least when I go out and don't catch anything I can say I was too busy with the electronics to fish.
    You can do the same thing I did without the electronics. Just replace the electronics with a lawn mower throttle or a choke cable (anything) to displace (rotate) the transducer. I should be easy to do.

I want take my good boat where I take my Jon. This is a handy tool to look under brush for the fishes. Look first, then fish it. Lots cheaper than SI.:rolleyes:

I just wanted to make this mechanical control device public so no one can claim it for any patent rights.

Tom

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. After I posted earlier I realized that you were probably using the device you posted earlier to move the transducer. I'll go back and get the plans you posted and get out my old basic electronic books from the Army and try to get up to speed. Looks like fun. And yes there was electricity when I was in the Army. My oldest son was a marine and used to ask me to show him how to do the manual of arms with a muzzle loader. No respect.

A day late, a dollar short and two drinks behind.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lag View Post
    Thanks. After I posted earlier I realized that you were probably using the device you posted earlier to move the transducer. I'll go back and get the plans you posted and get out my old basic electronic books from the Army and try to get up to speed. Looks like fun. And yes there was electricity when I was in the Army. My oldest son was a marine and used to ask me to show him how to do the manual of arms with a muzzle loader. No respect.
    I can only do the short count.:o