Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lake Talquin

Post Thanks / Like

Question Lake Talquin

Has anybody been to Talquin in the past week or so? I'm looking for some info for this coming weekend.
    Life is what you make of it...

Post Thanks / Like

I have a good location to start at Gar-Getter, but I am going to ask some people here at work what they had heard....
    I won't be at work........I'm feelin' crappie today!
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

ok, just thought I'd throw the question out there, you know, see if I got any bites!

Post Thanks / Like

I hear ya.....don't forget to set the hook if you get one!
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Talquin

I've been by Talquin and always comment on how prime it's waters look. Always see boats believe the dam, on the Sopchoppy River, I believe, I heard Talquin is full of shallow stumps, so be careful.

Post Thanks / Like

I have not been able to go but got a very reliable report from a fiend in Cairo that the fishing had picked on Wed. He had caught fish trolling in Polk Creek just above Hammock Creek.

Post Thanks / Like

We just got back and the wind about blew us off the lake....

We ended up fishing some down at Oklawaha Creek from the mouth back to the boy scout camp...then fished some in the mouth of Harvey Mill all the way close to the back...we stopped about where the lily pads started....

Ended up catching most of our fish in about 10 - 12 ft of water...all female we full of eggs still which surprised me a good deal....we caught two males...

Bubble-gum in my opinion was the color of choice, followed closely by a blue/black w/chartruese tail, couple on some greens, couple on some motor oil...but, the majority on bubble gum....

We had about 6 that were pushing over 2 lbs, accoring to my digital scale.....

Between the windy weather on Friday and Saturday we might have only managed close to 25 - 30 in those two days all day...but, then on Sunday morning when the wind laid down a bit we caught close to 30 between 7 am and 11 am.....again this was from the mouth of Harvey Mill to about the middle way back.....

We trolled single-rigged 1/16 on some and single-rigged 1/32 on others........
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

I have a question for all the die-hard Crappie-Folk. I just got a mess of fish from Talquin (Thank you Gaboy!) and got them all cleaned up last night. Now, all but 4 (the 4 smallest) were female, and loaded to the gills with eggs. My question is, how do you cook the eggs? I really want to try them, but I want to make sure I don't ruin the them the first time I try.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gar-Getter
    I have a question for all the die-hard Crappie-Folk. I just got a mess of fish from Talquin (Thank you Gaboy!) and got them all cleaned up last night. Now, all but 4 (the 4 smallest) were female, and loaded to the gills with eggs. My question is, how do you cook the eggs? I really want to try them, but I want to make sure I don't ruin the them the first time I try.
    Here is three pages on it after I asked the same question.

http://www.crappie.com/gr8vb3/showth...t=Crappie+Eggs

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks crappster. I've got a whole mess (about half of a gallon bag full) of egg sacs from this weekend in the fridge. I'm gonna fry some up tonight!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast