Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Spring Fishing ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Spring Fishing ?

OK, we now have ice out in the central Iowa lakes. Is it still too cold for the crappies or should we be able to catch them now? Yes I'm pretty new to crappie fishing but eager to learn.
    I will defend her still today!

Post Thanks / Like

Go get um man
    Fish now, you'll be dead for a long time

Post Thanks / Like

I was out on a public lake Saturday and got skunked. Water temp was 48. I think it needs to get into the 50s before the crappie come out. With the weather like it is it looks like that may be a couple of weeks yet. It was nice to get out though.

DoBill67 Guest

Their starting to move around alittle bit. I have had my better luck on smaller, not as windy ponds right now. Mostly fat bellied females around 6" to 8". Using minnows around 3 to 4 feet deep. But I also had sum of my best Crappie fishin days on sum pretty miserable rainy windy days.
    Last edited by DoBill67; 05-03-2008 at 10:17 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default bank to 12'

you should be able to catch fish on the bank and in deeper water. We caught spawning fish last sunday at rathbun in 2' of water all males but females were deeper. you have to go to shallow end of lakes where the rivers feed in. there was an 18 degree dif in temp at rathbun we found 60 deg water and fish up the lake in southfork arm.
    ITS LIKE BASEBALL PITCHIN,HITTIN,CATCHIN