Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Wonderpole ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wonderpole ?

I have tried two of these rods and found them to be quite acceptable for both pulling and pushing. I also own 10 BnM (several models), 2 WM, 1 slab seeker, 1 Cherrywood (hated it). I do prefer the BnM ultralight for single pole fishing. Main thing about the Wonderpole is the price. A 2 piece (not the telescoping ones) 12' graphite is $18-20 bucks each. This is $10-20 cheaper than the others and graphite to boot. They have foam grips, regular reel seat and ceramic eyes just like BnM. I have fished it along side the others and have yet to break one.

Question: I searched these and only found three post on them. Is there a reason to NOT buy these for those getting into trolling?

Post Thanks / Like

I've never heard of them. I guess most people are becoming partial to whatever brand they are using. Despite the price, if it's working and working well not much experimenting with other rods.

Post Thanks / Like

Have noticed that Walmart is starting to sell some B&M poles. The one near me even has some that are 14-foot. I bought one on clearance the other day for $10...it was 12-foot. Couldn't complain, being they they were priced at $39.99 originally.

Post Thanks / Like

is this the pole made by Shakesspeare? If so i have 8 of them 4 graphite and 4 fiberglass. i like them for C&C rigs. If they made them longer i would buy more.:D

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, they are the ones made by Shakespeare. The longest i have seen is 12'.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrwillis View Post
    Have noticed that Walmart is starting to sell some B&M poles. The one near me even has some that are 14-foot. I bought one on clearance the other day for $10...it was 12-foot. Couldn't complain, being they they were priced at $39.99 originally.
    You bought a B&M for 10 bucks great deal
    "Those who will trade a little liberty for a little security will lose both and deserve neither" Thomas Jefferson

Post Thanks / Like

If I remember correctly, my Dad had an old Shakespeare "WonderReel" years ago. It was pretty neat...it was a closed face spinning reel and when you reeled the handle backwards a half turn it would open the internal bail and allow you to cast. I think the rod matched and was called a "WonderRod" and was one of the first "upscale" fiberglass rods. The reel was dark green and the rod was light green. Sure brings back some good memories of Dad and I fishin together...Tight Lines Yall
    Support Our Troops!