Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Truman (Bucksaw area) is on

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Truman (Bucksaw area) is on

Just about halfway through my second cup of coffee this morning, Beagleman called me and told me he was at the ramp at Bucksaw and wanted to know where to go. It was like sitting on a 220v line. I paced around for about an hour or two and then headed to Truman - it's just 2 1/2 hours, and it gets shorter every time I drive it. I got in the water by 2:30 or so and soon found Beagleman, Darrell, Nitro and Frosty at the mouth of Cedar Creek, catching a few. I ran upstream to find some fish - first tree none - on down another mile - second tree - three nice fat females - 13, 12 and 11 - with lots of eggs and real broad shoulders. Next tree - two more about 12 and here comes Beagle, et al. We had a good afternoon, with a triple - each of three boats had fish on simultaneously. I had 15 by 5:05 and Beagle had a whopper - 16 inch black with broad shoulders. The fish were about 11 feet deep fairly well outside the mouth of the cove - black and chart 1/16 w/ nibble. They would hit it on the first drop, so I could cover alot of ground quickly. Guys, it was good meeting/fishing with you. We'll have to do it again real soon. Oh, by the way, Marvin, one of the guides caught some fish up near the bank - a bunch of nice males. They're going on soon.
    Last edited by drfishjd; 04-07-2008 at 09:30 PM. Reason: goof
    Jim - Have boat - will travel.

Post Thanks / Like

That is good news, sounds like you had a great day
    "Those who will trade a little liberty for a little security will lose both and deserve neither" Thomas Jefferson

Post Thanks / Like

Had a great day fishing with Frosty, Beagle, Darrell and Drfishjd. Beagle started catching fish after his 3rd song couldn't tell what the last song was, our boat drifted off out of hearing range. Drfishjd had the crappies number and hammered them. Good to meet you drfishjd, see you at crappie camp if not before.
    Fishing is always good. Catching is sometimes bad

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drfishjd View Post
    Just about halfway through my second cup of coffee this morning, Beagleman called me and told me he was at the ramp at Bucksaw and wanted to know where to go. It was like sitting on a 220v line. I paced around for about an hour or two and then headed to Truman - it's just 2 1/2 hours, and it gets shorter every time I drive it. I got in the water by 2:30 or so and soon found Beagleman, Darrell, Nitro and Frosty at the mouth of Cedar Creek, catching a few. I ran upstream to find some fish - first tree none - on down another mile - second tree - three nice fat females - 13, 12 and 11 - with lots of eggs and real broad shoulders. Next tree - two more about 12 and here comes Beagle, et al. We had a good afternoon, with a triple - each of three boats had fish on simultaneously. I had 15 by 5:05 and Beagle had a whopper - 16 inch black with broad shoulders. The fish were about 11 feet deep fairly well outside the mouth of the cove - black and chart 1/16 w/ nibble. They would hit it on the first drop, so I could cover alot of ground quickly. Guys, it was good meeting/fishing with you. We'll have to do it again real soon. Oh, by the way, Marvin, one of the guides caught some fish up near the bank - a bunch of nice males. They're going on soon.
    Congrats it must be great to go at the drop of a hat. three years and counting.

Post Thanks / Like

Way to go guys. I was wishing I was there all weekend. Had to get some stuff done around the house. I plan on trying to make it back up that way soon. They are nice fish up there now. Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats fellers.....beagle we need a pic of that thumper,come on buddy its been a while since i seen a 16 incher.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Good job guys! I agree, would love to see a picture of the hawg.
    Mark

Pitching jigs, catching slabs, life is good

Post Thanks / Like

Default it ain't much

but it's all I got, I kinda lied,the fish was only 15.13/16 first measure came while on the water and Darrell and I was bouncing arround trying to hold on to the boat, got home and had the camera on scene and not the regular picture taking setting, I did weigh the little girl and it was 2.3or so, I wanted to toss it back but Darrell wanted a mess of fish he took all of them home,
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beagle man View Post
    but it's all I got, I kinda lied,the fish was only 15.13/16 first measure came while on the water and Darrell and I was bouncing arround trying to hold on to the boat, got home and had the camera on scene and not the regular picture taking setting, I did weigh the little girl and it was 2.3or so, I wanted to toss it back but Darrell wanted a mess of fish he took all of them home,

nice pig beagle, you da man, congrat's
    why do today what you can put off til tomorrow, go fishing instead!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Had a good time yesterday, Finally caught a few! Didn't start catching any thing till Beagle Loned me his LUCKY POLE Nitro caught the biggest in our boat,:pBig Female, close to beagles. Enjoyed meeting and getting to fish with drfish! and I think it's been said...DR. BUCKSAW!! Darrell had some nice fish also, think he caught several on minnows. Think Beagle (the fish whisperer) got the fish to going with his melodic TUNES:D Look forward to going again!!
    I just KNOW it was a big one!!!
    Mike

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast