Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Last Weekend

Post Thanks / Like

Default Last Weekend

"New" old boat blues....

Joe informed me that my outboard is a 9.9 instead of a 6hp which is a little big for my 12' aluminum boat. Someone had replaced the decals.He thought it would be ready after replacing the water pump, cleaning the carb, and replacing the sparkplugs. However, after all that, it still needs a fuel pump and of course the warehouse closes at noon and we called at 11:50...

So Sunday i put in over at the Wade branch and tried to use the electronics only to find that with just me in the boat, I need to be sitting in the middle instead of the front but my wiring job wouldn't allow me to move anything and then the thunder chased me off the lake.

I then headed to the old standby....the fishing dock at the Marina...fished all afternoon...Caught 4 and kept 3. One "thumped" my minnow really hard. This has only increased the itch.....if you know what i mean. On the way there, someone boated a nice walleye off the damn and I watched someone boat a nice bass on the trip home.

A family showed up at the dock and Max, a 3 year old, caught his first fish. It was a legal crappie. It was fun to watch....ended up giving them the fish as there was no way dad was going home without Max's fish.
    Last edited by AntiochBA; 04-07-2008 at 09:34 AM.
    Remember "I" before "E," except in Budweiser

Post Thanks / Like

I know what you mean about the blues....I took my boat out last week for the first time...Would not make a noise....Eventually figured out it was just a fuse so got out anyway....Then had problems with the trolling motor hardware acting up...Finally going to put the boat on the trailer at the end of a bad day of fishing and notice my bunk boards are falling off the trailer...Luckily some electrical tape did the job so I could get the boat on....

But got it all fixed throughout the week and went out yesterday, got the new bunk boards on and even caught a few fish which made for a great day.

Post Thanks / Like

Picked up an 16 footer. Will register today and hopefully be ready to fish next weekend. This weather is driving me crazy. If I start seeing animals in pairs, I'm gonna be worried.....
    Remember "I" before "E," except in Budweiser