Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: First slabs of the season

Foxy is offline Moderator Massachusetts Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default First slabs of the season

Fellow crappie.com member gillbuster and I went down to Norton for a few hours today (what was the name of the lake again gillbuster?). Caught a few crappies, a few perch, a couple of blue gills, and a fallfish (had to google that one - have never caught one before). The crappies were biting from noon until about 2 PM and then the bite shut-off rather abruptly. Gill, thanks again, had a great time fishing with you.

Here's a few pics from today:
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Last edited by Foxy; 04-06-2008 at 08:09 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely was a pleasure to fish today with Foxy (Ryan), new Crappie.com buddy, weather was less than favorable but what a die hard fisherman he was... Wasn't 5 minutes on the water and Ryan was hooked into crappie, perch, and gills... he and I was all smiles as we were able to shake off the winter rust and catch some fair sized Crappie, most were in the 10" range. The crazy wind had us all turned around in circles; my poor old trolling motor has all it could do to stay in the fishable areas. Hopefully next fishing trip we will get better weather and put some sizable crappie in the boat. Great time, nice to feel the pull & vibrations on the fishing rod. Thanks Ryan, with 3500 lakes and ponds in Mass., we only have 3499 left to fish. Tight lines and see you on the water soon
    Gillbuster

http://s162.photobucket.com/albums/t...rent=ryan1.jpg
    Last edited by gillbuster; 04-06-2008 at 09:08 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

nice fish never saw one./
    joshua