Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Gum Slough Liberty,Texas

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gum Slough Liberty,Texas

I had a chance Monday to go over to Liberty and fish Gum Slough. It is a small slough that at times can be full of fish. When the Trinity River spills over its banks it floods the bottoms in Liberty. When the water recedes all of the fish end up in the sloughs. There can be a disproportionate number of game fish to bait fish when this happens. Ounce the number of bait fish diminish the fish there bite almost constantly. Right now Gum Slough is full of hungry crappie. I caught fish till my hands hurt from taking them of the hook. There are a lot of small ones, but there are also some monsters. I once caught a crappie there that was 17.75 inches. There is both white and black crappie there. You can slip a small john boat or kayak in the slough and have a load of fun. I used a blue glitter/white 1.5 inch tube jig with a 1/16 ounce lead head fished under a small cork Most of the fish hit by the time the jig settled.

Post Thanks / Like

finally i found someone else on the internet who fished my spot! I know the spot as raymond creek. I also caught a few crappie there. I caught them with earthworms under the bridge on fm 2684. I plan to go there in the winter for some crappie and i will try by the lake livingston dam.

Post Thanks / Like

where is gum slough in liberty i live in dayton

Post Thanks / Like

it is on fm 2684. keep strait until you see a large creek. it is under a bridge. it is also called raymond creek. you can find the lat. long. on bowfinanglers.com and find texas maps and find raymond creek. hope you can go there. let us know what you catch

Post Thanks / Like

Default gum slough

fishingman c do you live in liberty and can you put a small boat in the slough

Post Thanks / Like

i wouldnt consider a small boat but a kayak would do fine and i dont live in liberty i live in houston

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Good find and congrats on the catch. Sounds like you had alot of fun.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

i am ready to go!!!!