PDA

View Full Version : WHAT KIND OF A (( MAN )) are youuuu>??

CrappieLips
04-12-2005, 04:45 PM
Chevy--Ford--Dodge--Jeep--Toyota--or what? I'm a Chevy man, But like 76 thur 81 CJ-5's also got a 87 toy.pu. with a mear 359,000 mile's on it those r-22 engine's hard to beat. :p

fiddlefarter
04-12-2005, 04:52 PM
Chevy... or any GM. Have never owned any other. Plus we get the family discount so I doubt I will ever own any others as long as my brother-in-law keeps his job.

Meat on the Table
04-12-2005, 04:53 PM
Ford, I have had good luck with the seven Fords I have owned, but the best and ugliest vehicles I ever owned was two Subaru "Brats". I am not anti- Chevy, it is just that in the my thiry-four years of driving, I have never owned one.

CohuttaCrappie
04-12-2005, 04:55 PM
I have Three IH Scouts, I just wish I had one I could drive everyday. I have one that drives but could use some fix'n up'n. Those trucks will go anywhere when they are running!!

gooch
04-12-2005, 05:06 PM
My baby is a 83 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ-60 4 door, 227,000 miles and the valve cover has never been off the vehicle. Also original transmission.

They dont make em like that anymore.

Roberta
04-12-2005, 05:32 PM
Loved my old '92 Chevy Beauville van, but the '02 Blazer I replaced her with is a piece of JUNK. Prolly the last Chevy we buy. - Roberta

CrappieLips
04-12-2005, 05:34 PM
I have Three IH Scouts, I just wish I had one I could drive everyday. I have one that drives but could use some fix'n up'n. Those trucks will go anywhere when they are running!!
I heard the ih scout I had a 69 for about 8years til i fianlly wore it out everything but the rurring gear.

labill
04-12-2005, 05:35 PM
Chevy......1997 Cheyenne,350 Vortex single cab long bed w/ tow package. Runs like a scalded dawg!! Got it to pull a 30 ft. camper. The shocking part is that it averages 17-18 mpg city and up to 21 mpg on the road, if I don't push it. :D

scrap
04-12-2005, 05:57 PM
Chevy - '97 stepside silverado & '00 extended cab 4door z71 - love 'em both
by the way the '97 has 40,000mi and the '00 has 85,000 mi - which one you think is my huntin' and fishin' truck : )

bhodges
04-12-2005, 06:01 PM
95 Pathfinder 220,000 miles No major repairs. Standard maintenance only(brakes, shocks, tires etc)

JET4
04-12-2005, 06:04 PM
Toyota 4Runner 97 with 102,300 miles, runs like new

Kokanee King
04-12-2005, 06:05 PM
Ford period. or any other vehicle if it is cheaper.

whizkids
04-12-2005, 06:11 PM
Chevrolet, own 2 Suburbans, love them except for gas milage.

unknown 5
04-12-2005, 06:15 PM
We are driving a 2002 Chevy S-10 now but are looking to buy a new truck for the road and I will use the S-10 for my hunting and fishing. We are debating between buying a new Siverado or a new Tundra.
I would prefer to buy a hybrid truck if someone made one.

Moose1am
04-12-2005, 06:28 PM
Well all my cars have been foreign. Two Datsuns. First car I ever owned was the Datsun 240 Z Sport car. I loved that car to death. Over 100,000 miles and a few accidents. LOL drove it to Florida to break it in and my buddie wrecked it as soon as I let him drive it. I learned a good lesson then. Don't let friends drive your car if you want to stay friends with them.

Dad bought a 1973 Datsun Pickup truck and we had that for over 200,000 miles. Finally gave it up when the front tie bars wore out

I went though a new 1984 Toyota Celica GT in about three months before one night while coming home from an Ice Hockey tournament some drunk pulled out in front of me at the last second and I hit him broadside and I saw his glasses fly off. He was trying to leave the scene of the accident but he could not find his car keys or get his vehicle (Old pickup truck) to start. He was not going anywhere anyway as I jumped out and grabed the car keys and put them in my pocket until the police arrived and arrested him for drinking and driving. He didn't even have insurance. I totaled out my Celica and bought a new Nissan Pickup truck. It's still running and hauling me around but looks pretty beat up as some girl ran into the side of it. But it's running still and has over 154,000 miles on it.

Having an old truck is hard on me as I don't feel safe going on long trips with that old truck. I did manage to get down to KY lake a few times over the last two years and went to Patoka Lake about three or four time to fish with Larry. But I would have gone a lot more often if the car was newer and more trustworth. But then again it's a Nissan and it's not let me down yet. Knock on wood! LOL I am going to try to make it down to KY lake one more time in a few weeks as soon as Cane Pole (TOM) sets a date for me to come down and fish with him at his place on West Sandy. He told me last night in Chat that he was ready to give me a date. He has to get rid of all the grandkids first. I will end up fishing the POST SPAWN period with him but I bet we still catch some fish. If I know TOM he has some good post spawn, spawn, prespawn and other type of spots on his labtop computer. LOL

I may also go to MO but that is off in the distance right now. Something I will have to consider after the KY lake trip. Gas prices need to return back down to 65 cents a gallon like they were a few years ago.

Mom and Dad always had GMC Pontiacs when I was much younger. I dove a 1963 Pontiac Grand Prix back when I was in High School and gas was only 25 cents a gallon. Man that 383 cubic inch V8 was a muscle car but not as fast as my friend Pontiac GTO 1968 with a 400 HP engine. But he never got that baby over 40 mph. Never could understand someone buying such a hot muscle car and not going over the speedlimit once or twice. :)

But these days I think that the American Automobile manufactures have learned a lot about Quality Control and I would consider going back to a Ford or a Chevey truck. But I would also look into a new fuel cell powered vehicle if they ever start selling them. They are in the works right now and they are making some for certain markets. And then there are the hybrid that I need to look at too.

With oil selling at higher and higher price we will be forced to change our driving experiences

BANDIT
04-12-2005, 06:33 PM
FORD. :)

Joe
04-12-2005, 06:41 PM
Just bought a Ford. Already put a topper on it. They matched the red paint perfectly. I really love this truck. A regular cab, but has 4 doors.
Will put my S-10 on the market when I get back to Kentucky on the 19th.
It is a 93 with the vortex engine, extended cab with 87000 miles. Just wanted a larger truck.
P.S. Got 11 nice specks late today.
Joe

Billy
04-12-2005, 07:00 PM
Chevy....2005 1/2 ton crew cab Z71......96 short bed 2wd

GABoy
04-12-2005, 07:22 PM
Chevy 2003 Silverado

Barnacle Bill
04-12-2005, 07:30 PM
2003 Toyota Tundra

Tim The Lippa Rippa Mon
04-12-2005, 07:38 PM
Well... since I spend all my money on tackle, and fishing trips... no car payments here!

I've got a '84 LB2WD 1ton Toyota with 383,000 miles on it. That one has been a tournament and hunting/trapping road dog for me for many a day. She's on her 3rd timing chain, and I believe she may of had her oil chipped out and changed just a mear 40,000 miles ago. Can't quite throw a dead Peta member through the rust holes in 'er yet, and she's still runnin great! Held together by Sponsor stickers too! I'd of driven 'er a lot more this season if it wasn't for the high gas prices, and due to the fact that someone busted the lock out it's topper for a look see when I was down at Millwood pre-fishing. Freaking thieves...

I also have a '92 Toyota Corolla, and a '88 Toyota Xtra Cab 4X4 They both spend the majority of their time baby sitting a good portion of my drive way. They run great, but they need some minor fixin's such as batteries(being share cropped by a trolling motor) and current tags.

My daily driver is a '92 F O R D Tore-ass! It's a true POS, but it gets about 30 MPH on the highway which has helped a ton lately with the gas prices. (can't afford to drive the 'ol road dog at 14MPG) Bought her at a savlvage auction for $165 about 45,000 miles ago.

I'm an ex -Chevy man. Went the gauntlet there - Chevelle, Nova, S-10, Caprise Station Wagon( got her for $50, man did I get took!), and my crown jewel of all time.... a 74 Vega!!! The bungee cords holding the doors shut were worth more than the car!! What floor boards? Oh, the college days!

FishCrazed
04-12-2005, 07:44 PM
Looks like I'm the first '98 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab 5.2L 318ci! great smooth ride plenty of power but blew the original tranny at 31,600 and got the best service from a dealer in Montgomery Ala. on my way to Pensacola to fish! Treated me like I was the the Mayor! It has 137,000 on it now and other than gas milage I still love it! Just wish it was a full bore four door w/ a Cummins cuz I'll have to upgrade when I get a travel trailer! ;)

crappster
04-12-2005, 07:49 PM
86 Toyota 4 Runner...w/ 190,000 on it. Knock on her hood, there have been no major problems yet, besides routine maintenance. The bad side is she doesn't have enough power to pull herself sometimes, let alone a boat/trailer of any kind. So I throws the canoe on top.

DmDuck
04-12-2005, 07:59 PM
Dodge man by heart ........ stuck with a Chevy .....wouldn't walk across the street to get in a Ford ....Loved my Toyota (22-r motor ) til it puked and I had to put her to sleep !!

PIGINTHEPIGPEN
04-12-2005, 09:19 PM
97 Toyota Tacoma 4wd
2001 Toyota 4 runner

Never had either one in a shop for anything but an oil change :cool:

DENNIS BOWERS
04-13-2005, 03:32 AM
93 Ford Supercab With 180,000 Miles On It! I Bought It In 94-13000 Miles.me An It Have Been Down Some Hard Roads Togeather!!never Had Any Major Problems,gave It A New Paint Job 2 Years Ago Instead Of Buying A New Truck.heck--its Like Family!!good Fishin To Ya!!dennis

speediib
04-13-2005, 04:05 AM
We are driving a 2002 Chevy S-10 now but are looking to buy a new truck for the road and I will use the S-10 for my hunting and fishing. We are debating between buying a new Siverado or a new Tundra.
I would prefer to buy a hybrid truck if someone made one.

redtick chevy has already made a hybrid truck you can do a search fo it on the web it is a silverado i beleive but as of now there is no diofference in the mileage you get from a regular gas burner. so there really is no reason to get one as of now unless you just want one. in a couple of years they will probably be a little better

speediib
04-13-2005, 04:12 AM
currently driving 88 f150 4x4 have owned couple of chevys like fords better would get any if price was right and i wanted it EXCEPT a dodge if you give me one i would take it staight to a dealership and trade it in

unknown 5
04-13-2005, 06:18 AM
I believe hybrid technology is a superior technology. The oil companies have us by the gonads now and the automobile manufactuers won't give us a choice on how we want to power our vehicles. We could be driving trucks with the same power and twice the gas milage but they won't build them.
I believe with a hybrid, a fellow could easily manufacture alot of his fuel at home instead of having to pay at the pumps. I an very sure Moose would know about the technology it would take to do it. But, no one wants us to be free of the gas pumps. They figure they have us by the gonads, our hearts and minds will follow.

spoon
04-13-2005, 07:12 AM
04 Chevy Z71 had Ford's most of my driving career. The Chevy dealership made an offer I couldn't refuse.

CrappieLips
04-13-2005, 07:33 AM
I believe hybrid technology is a superior technology. The oil companies have us by the gonads now and the automobile manufactuers won't give us a choice on how we want to power our vehicles. We could be driving trucks with the same power and twice the gas milage but they won't build them.
I believe with a hybrid, a fellow could easily manufacture alot of his fuel at home instead of having to pay at the pumps. I an very sure Moose would know about the technology it would take to do it. But, no one wants us to be free of the gas pumps. They figure they have us by the gonads, our hearts and minds will follow.
(Red tick);; Wev'e allready got a fuel we can produce at home, Kinda Corn -squezzin-sourmash-rotgut-Whitelighting-moonshine. It's called Ethanol. Of course Ethanol has a few more ingredents than White Lighting. But I imagane it could be done without to much trouble. It's just that it's illegal to make moon shine in vast amounts.

Tn_countryboy
04-13-2005, 07:51 AM
Well I guess I'll have to just jump in here..
94 Dodge 2500 4x4,12 valve cummins, 5 speed, 220,000 miles, 20 mpg empty, 12-13 towing a thirty foot fifth-wheel and the sv17sc Fisher boat. I used to say that I had a $20,000 motor in a $2,000 truck.... but I've got to admit that it's never given me a minutes trouble till the radio quit a few months back.
good fishin to ya
Ed

skiptomylu
04-13-2005, 08:09 AM
2001 Z71 off road and love it! I never thought I would have a truck with a back seat, but it sure comes in handy.

When the Chevy guys did the redesign of that truck it turned into a really nice handling truck. Also that 270 Hp is plenty.

Backlash
04-13-2005, 08:43 AM
84 full size Ford Bronco that is like my boat. Old, slow and ugly. Has an enormous straight 6 that will pull anything but just not very fast. Really in good shape for it's age and only has 112,00 on it. I mainly just use it to pull my boat and to get around in snow which we haven't had much of lately thankfully. Of course being a mid 80's Bronco it has the obligitory rust especially in the tailgate. Thank goodness for bondo! It's a very good truck though and I would hate to try and replace it with prices on trucks these days.

Moose1am
04-13-2005, 10:25 AM
Here in Southern IN we have lots of farms and grow Soybeans and corn and wheat. I just read where the State and someone else is building a new Diesel Refinery that will process fats into Diesel Fuel for trucks and deisel powered cars. This fuel will be made from Farm Grown Soybeans oil.

I think that this will be built near Mt Vernon, IN. This is a good thing for our environment and the State's farmers.

It's just a start in the right direction. We still needs lots of foreign oil to run those farm tractors to help plant and harvet the soybeans right now. But it helps reduce our dependance a little bit on foreign oil and give the farmers a new market for their crops. It may raise the price of a bushel of beans which I know the farmers will like. I am not a farmer and not from a farm. I do grow a vegetable garden and have had home grown vegetables all my life as my father loved to garden. When Dad had his stroke he has already set out 60 tomato plants and had more of his garden tilled and planted. It was on June 2nd so he had a lot of the garden already planted and coming up. I joined an fraternity called AGR when I was at Purdue. Delta Chapter and I always will remember all my frat brothers talking about the price of corn or beans. It was something that they all had in common as it effected their bottom lines and if they had money to buy a new truck or tractor next year. I didn't care much about the price of beans as I was a vet student at the time and not a farmer but I did realized that it meant a lot to the other guys in the house. We had 70 guys in the frat house that time and only about 5 of us were from the City. Most of us were in preveternary medicine at the time and we had ties to agriculture as those guys in the house would have been potential clients of our after graduating from Purdue School of Veternary Medicine. I left the frat house and changed my major my Junior year and then went into Environmental Science and lived in an apartment. I did much better in the apt as there were less distractions there. I grew up in a very quiet house and didn't have any brothers or sisters to bug me when I did my homework so the frat house was foreign to me and I could not concentrate there as well as if I were in my room alone. I like the quiet and solitude of a house without people yelling or fighting and or watching TV and playing the Stereos loundly.

I think that the oil companies have us by the balls too. We are loosing our middle class rapidly and this country will not be the same in a few more years. We are loosing our privacy rights also. Our forfathers would be agast at what it happening right now. Total control by one party is not exactly what they had in mind. We can't let the present adm stack the federal courts with their chosen people without long and hard discussions and compromises in the Senate Confirmation process. For years now we have had Senate rules that protected the minority party ( Republicans) when they had the right to disscuss (Filibuster) for as long as they could talk and the only way to break a filabuster was to get 60 Senators to vote to end discussions and to take a vote by the full senate on the subject at hand. Now Dick Cheany and Fisk want to change the Senate rules (Nuclear Option) and prevent the discussions that they once enjoyed when they were in the minority. We can't let this happen. I am hoping that Senator Lugar of IN will vote against the Nuclear Option and allow the filabuster to continue. By allowing this long Senate Tradition to continue it will force a compromise on the judicial nominations and give us a more balanced federal goverment. We need all three branches of the federal government to be a check and balance to each other. If all three branchs are controlled by just one party. (any party) then there is not checks and balanced and government will move way to fast. We don't need a one party Dictatorship in American IMHO. We need checks and balanced so that we don't have to put up with a KING GEORGE OF ENGLAND like we did in the 1776 times. We left England and setup this republic so that we would avoid a King running our country and putting taxes on us that we had no say in.

Today by raising the price of oil and gasoline we are being essentially taxed to death. It will not get any better if the courts get stacked with George W Bush appointments.

I urge you all to contact your Senators and tell them to vote no on the "NUCLEAR OPTION" that Dick Cheany and Fisk are pushing in the Senate this very minute. Your kids will thank you in the future if you save the filabuster and force the Senate to compromise and install moderate judges in the Federal Judiciary.

BeauxBeaux
04-13-2005, 10:59 AM
I'm a FORD man, tryed a mitisubitsi for a few years, good gas mileage, never had any problrms but it wore my back out. Just like riding a wagon seat. Now I'm back to FORD fullsize w/lumbar seats. Oh yea. drove plenty of chevy's as company trucks, good trucks just no leg room, rusts out down here with salt water, and their overpriced! Dodge- never liked the whi-whi-whinning when starting up, other than that good truck. If the gas keeps going up I'll have to quit working and go on stamps. hahaha Beaux

papasage
04-13-2005, 11:02 AM
i have a 1977 dodge vann over 200,000 still running . it make a goo boat puller. the weight of the vann body gives it traction and will pull wiyhout spinning on most all ramps . i have a gmc calblara and have owned ford . infact i have the last ford pickup i bought . in the process of putting a motor in it . 1977 modle . had a 1992 .it was a gass hog . my brother has a 1997 full size chevy extended cab 350 engin and will git 21 mpg on the road and the 1992 ford onley got 15 . the gmc will git 21 on the road .

the car or truck i like is the one that is paid for;)

Rev.
04-13-2005, 03:39 PM
'65 Chevy all original: wood in bed, straight shift, 327 cu. in. engine, i had it painted the same original color. This trucked pulled the boat like it wasn't even back there. Truck had power you wouldn't believe. I could pop the clutch and give gas real fast and it would just sit there and smoke the tires. Sold it for $900 and I feel stupid. The I sold it to drives by house ever now and then and honks at me with a big smile on his face.

Crapbie
04-13-2005, 03:51 PM
I use a F150 2002 but I had no choice over what to use. It was my brothers and I got it. I'd rather have a chevy just because they seem much more powerfulll stock out the door. One time my job got a new s-10 and then after a week had to give it back for some reason and got a ford Ranger. Well ofcourse the S-10 first time I drove it I gave it a bit of gas and spun the tires for 20 feet. The ranger just went slow and to top it all off had a restrictor on it.

tnvol
04-13-2005, 04:34 PM
Suburban for now..but at $2.20 a gallon..the
42 gallon tank requires a loan ! Can you say
Escape hybrid? Anybody know anything about them?

okeechobee fisher
04-13-2005, 05:24 PM
im a FORD man but also like chevy and dodge

parivercat
04-13-2005, 06:24 PM
FIRST; OFF WHY THE PREJUDICE AS LADIES DRIVE TRUCKS ALSO!

HUSBAND DRIVES AN 04 CHEVROLET/COLORADO/Z71 OFFROAD (STANDARD) NOW MOMMA JUST TRADED-IN HER 02 FORD/EXPLORER FOR AN 05 CHEVROLET/COLORADO EXTENDED CAB & THEIR GREAT ON GAS MILEAGE
(18-22)MPG!

PLUS, OLDEST SON SELLS CHEVYS! :cool:

fishingpox
04-13-2005, 06:50 PM
Got me one of them there gas guzzling chebby s10 4.3 vortec 99 model

fiddlefarter
04-13-2005, 07:27 PM
Moose had some good times with the AGR at MTSU. I never was a paid brother (didn't go to school there because they didn't offer wildlife mgmt) but had many friends that did so I partied with them a lot. I would have never been able to make it in a frat house either. To stick to the subject, corn gas: good; dinosaur gas: bad.

CrappieLips
04-13-2005, 10:09 PM
FIRST; OFF WHY THE PREJUDICE AS LADIES DRIVE TRUCKS ALSO!

HUSBAND DRIVES AN 04 CHEVROLET/COLORADO/Z71 OFFROAD (STANDARD) NOW MOMMA JUST TRADED-IN HER 02 FORD/EXPLORER FOR AN 05 CHEVROLET/COLORADO EXTENDED CAB & THEIR GREAT ON GAS MILEAGE
(18-22)MPG!

PLUS, OLDEST SON SELLS CHEVYS! :cool:
Pardon Parivercat sorry. It just sounded better that way, and new it would get more hits sounding that way. Do you chunck for them slabs too?

Crapbie
04-13-2005, 10:37 PM
My lady is pretty bad at driving our truck. I hoped practice would make perfect but she seems to not be getting it to great although not that bad. She just starts screaming as it slides down the ramp after I slid my boat on the trailer. When it gets to far after shes put the hand break off and on over and over slowly loosing a few inches each time I have to get out and do it myself lol She swears the hand break was not working but as soon as I got in it it was fine lol. I think it was that inch that it goes back after engaging the hand break and taking your foot off the other break. either that or she or the truck is cursed but hey she still pulls me out the water most the time so I can not complain. But every once in a while she starts screaming the handbreak is not working again and I just start laughing. It may take a few minutes but she always ends up laughing aswell, but only when the pressure has boiled down

gacowboy
04-14-2005, 12:26 AM
i drive fordand ford only. I have owned 3 of em. a 99 f-150 supercab 4wd and traded it in for an 03 reg cab 4wd, but a dang deer totalled that one so now i have an 03 f-150 exteded cab 4wd. gas mileage sucks, but it tows like a champ!! wont buy anything else, my buddy had a dodge and went through 3 trannys in 6 months!!!!!

TAE73
04-14-2005, 06:02 AM
Dodge 03 3/4 ton 4x4 cummins diesel, I have always been a chevy fan, But they are starting to think there stuff is gold. Not much of a dodge fan, but I sure love the motor. I know the motor will outlast the rest of the truck.

duane
04-14-2005, 07:52 AM
Dodge 03 3/4 ton 4x4 cummins diesel, I have always been a chevy fan, But they are starting to think there stuff is gold. Not much of a dodge fan, but I sure love the motor. I know the motor will outlast the rest of the truck.

Hope Dodge got the problems fixed with there tranny. They had a magor problem keeping trannies working behind that engine.
"Cat" built a engine for small trucks that NO car company would buy for there pickups. What a seller that would have been, a mini 3406 kitty cat in a pickup.
I think Mack should build a pickup using there all steel cabs they a famous for, with that CAT motor and offer a 4x4 tranny as a option or a 13 speed with a double over in it. Could you see one of them good ole' boy leaving the favorite wating holes at closing time with a long neck sitting between his legs along with the pretty gal he picked up almost sitting on his lap.
Question for him?
How does he operate them 2 sticks on that 4x4, lite that smoke he wants so much, while taking a drink of that beer, rubbing the inside of her leg, & search the FM dail for that C&W radio station all at the same time.

TAE73
04-14-2005, 08:11 AM
Duane, I dont know how many times I have tried to grap 7th gear in my 6 speed. I like to see a 6 speed dodge with a 2 speed rear end. It has been a good tranny, it graps without touchin the go petal. Its real nice on the ramp, slide it into 1st and let the clutch out and she will climb right on out with no problem.

I would like to see it one day that dodge, ford, and chevy would do like the big rigs on the diesels. You pick the brand of truck and then can pick the brand of motor. I would like a chevy with a cummins, or a cat. Chevys have the best ride in my opionion.

This is my first diesel and there will be many more to come. Nothing gets me excited seeing a dodge or a big rig pouring out the coal smoke! Mine only smokes a little when I shift and have load behind it, but soon it smoke like a coal train. As I say real trucks dont have spark plugs!!

Eager Beaver
04-14-2005, 08:41 AM
I have a 00 chevy 2500 crew cab, and a 02 chevy trailblazer. Both get great gas mileage. I get 15 mpg pulling 18 1/2 ft spectrum down interstate at 75 mph with the crew cab. I love the trailblazer for short trips pulling the boat. It has the trailer package and handles the boat better than the truck. on long trips I like the truck because it is a lot better ride. the only draw back on the truck is the turning radius could be better. Can't believe how tight a radius the trailblazer can turn.

hawkman
04-14-2005, 08:08 PM
I have owned mostly Fords for the last 34 years, including '77 & '84 F-150's (still have the '84) '88 Bronco, '91 Aerostar van, '93 Explorer, & currently a 2000 Expedition. Also various cars, Ford, Mercury, Chevy & Pontiac. One that I wish I still had was a '67 Mustang 2+2 Fastback, 390 High Performance. Wrecked it twice in less than 2 weeks (someone elses fault both times), sold it for $250. I heard a while back that Willie Nelson is working on something, I believe it is called bio-diesel, a fuel made from soybeans. Supposed to lessen our dependence on foreign oil & help the farmers too.

TAE73
04-14-2005, 11:10 PM
I heard a while back that Willie Nelson is working on something, I believe it is called bio-diesel, a fuel made from soybeans. Supposed to lessen our dependence on foreign oil & help the farmers too.

Bean diesel has been out for a year or two. I have heard it does not have the lubrication that the pumps require like regular diesel. And I know your tractor or truck needs to be setup to run bean diesel. In Mid-Missouri they bean people show up at truck and tractor pulls promoting there stuff. One good thing is they have a very nice lookin young lady as there spokes person. Sure draws a crowd at the pulls.

Meat on the Table
04-15-2005, 06:58 PM
I started with a '65 Mustang fastbac with a 289 high performance, then a '71 TorinoGT with a 351 cleveland, then a '69 ford hippie van, then a '78 Subaru Brat, then a '81 subaru Brat, then a mitsubishi montero 4x4, then a '88 Ford ranger super cab 4x4, Then '91 F150 4x4, then a '2000 Ford Ranger four door 4x4, and the wife drives a LIncoln Navigator. Good God looking back on this list, I can see the progression from gear head to hippie to redneck. Where do I go from here?

unknown 5
04-17-2005, 01:17 PM
Crappie head. Trust me, I know, I made the progression also. LOL.