Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: flood water tactics

Post Thanks / Like

Default flood water tactics

Where would you start? I know, newbie question probably, but since that is where I am, here it is. LOL I've got some good cover marked, but it's deep, too deep. 20+ The banks are wooded of course, so that makes for a BUNCH of shallow brush now. Would you attempt to just move shallower from the established brush that was already close to the bank(steeper type bank), or try to find a creek with a more gradual slope and move way back in the trees. My gut tells me to stay closer to the established brush, as the sun would need to be a lot higher to warm any of the wooded water. Maybe try the woods later in the day in very shallow water. Any thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like

deep muddy water has less oxygen , so i would try shallow 6 - 8 ft. close (tight )against the tree's/ stumps in the morningworking very slow, as the sun gets higher in the sky (warmer) look for blow downs in the shallows next to deeper water, them little guys will come up to sun them selfs. also be sure to use some type of scent as crappie in muddy water go by scent and virbration. u may even try a roadrunner depending on water temp, if ya do the roadrunner work it slow jm2c
    Last edited by KCBALLER; 04-04-2008 at 10:56 AM.
    Supreme Leader of the Missouri Crappie Militia.........

Post Thanks / Like

Good advice baller

Post Thanks / Like

That give me something to go on, I appreciate it.

Post Thanks / Like

Normally if you can find a long creek move as far back in it as possable. Sometimes the muddy water will push clearer water back into the trees. If you can find clearer water don't stray away from green leaved bushes they sometimes will hold fish. The fish will also chace the clearer water up the banks as the water moves up.