Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Yo-Yo's and Jugs

Post Thanks / Like

Default Yo-Yo's and Jugs

I am going to use Yo-Yo's and Jugs this week. I have only used yo yos for catfish. Anyone have any tips for either method.

Post Thanks / Like

I personaly think you are to late for the yo yos this year. We normaly wear them out in Febuary on yo yos but by mid March the water warms up enough for the gar to get active and you just cant keep the bait on them. I would say that you couldnt catch 10% of the fish on yo yos in April that you can in Jan and Feb. Thats my 2 cents worth.
    Also peckerwood is pretty big and being down in the delta the wind can get to moving pretty good. I would definately want something with a gas motor if I was going to get on it. Unless you go early or late when the wind settles.
    If you are wanting to fish with a tree limb in a couple of three weeks the limb line action on Ouachita should pick up. You bait 25 or so limb lines with big bream and you will get some big ole flat heads.

Post Thanks / Like

Your two cents seem to be a lot around here. Everyone else must not have a keyboard on their computer. Someone else please chime in with some information. Tell me a good lie....we are fishermen afterall.

Post Thanks / Like

Butler since you are fishing in a small boat with a trolling motor I just thought you might also try the lakes at camp robinson. You will have to go get a hold harmless permit from security that last for a year or two. I have been out there a couple of times hunting with him but never fishing. He has been wearing them out just fishing off the bank. There is a chain of lakes out there rangeing in size from just an acre to 5 or so. There is a bunch of cover in the lakes that is perfect cover. There is a ton of places you can hang your yo yo as well.
    Also in a previous thread you mentioned fishing in the Pine Bluff arsonal. I also have a military freind that worked down there building the incinerator they are burning serin gas bombs. He knew a few of the chemical experts down there and they told him they woulndt step in a mud puddle out there much less go fishing.
    Remember the first rule of fishing is dont fish where they are burning serin gas bombs. I have heard however they have like 35 pound crappie out there in those lakes. In your small boat be sure and watch out for the 700 pound catfish to.

Post Thanks / Like

yo yo's are for people who cannot catch fish on a pole. It is very irritating to crappie fish around a tree that has a yo yo hanging off of every limb while the yo yoer is running his outboard around you hanging more and baiting.

Post Thanks / Like

Right....if you would read the other post you would know that I am using a trolling motor. A pole is for someone who is not coordinated enough to hang a yo yo and contol a boat at the same time. If you need a pole in your hand check your pocket...lol. What are trott lines for then? People who cannot spearfish? I usually catch my fish on the hook not the pole. GOOD DAY ALL!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by dmbutler47
    I am going to use Yo-Yo's and Jugs this week. I have only used yo yos for catfish. Anyone have any tips for either method.
    Don't know where you are but just got back from midway lake out of hughes and caught some nice crappie on yo-yo's. Bait them with minnows around trees about 2 to 3 ft deep. Who cares how your fishing it's still fun anyway you can do it.