Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: "Go To" color

Post Thanks / Like

Default "Go To" color

I was checking over my tackle box the other day, you know, seeing what stuff I might "need" for the near future. Looking at the trays of tubes, grubs, and critters, I realized that I have pretty much become a chartreuse man. Looking at my tackle box, you would think that's about the only color that crappie tackle comes in.
    Chartreuse is the first color I bait up with for crappie... always, without exception. Most of the 2-color tubes in my tackle box are something-and-chartreuse. I guess chart is just my go-to color.
    Do you all ever get that way? Do you think chartreuse a healthy obsession, or should I branch out a little bit? Just looking for some input...
    I am just pullin' your leg.:D

Post Thanks / Like

If you fish muddy or stained water try the Black and Pink or Pumpkin and Chart 2" Beaver Tails from Yum Baits.

Post Thanks / Like

Red With a Chartreuse tail...

That is the murder color for me.
    It's not duck season so I have to do something... :D

You are welcome to join us on in outdoor adventures in Kansas. Come along for the ride at www.kansasoutdoorsman.com ~ This is our outdoor adventures of Kansas Hunting and Fishing!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Red/Chart is awesome on Hillsdale.

I have a few go to colors though. I have a tri-color tube by Southern Pro that has a pink head/white body/ chart tail is good....Black and Pink or Black and Chart are also good in any plastics....

Post Thanks / Like

Default thanks

Thanks for the advice. I will have to try that black/pink and the pumpkin/chart. Red/chart has always been a favorite of mine, for sure.
    My thumbs are completely raw today thanks to red/chart tubes. The crappies were mostly throw-backs, but what a weekend!!! I did manage 35 10" to 12" crappies, but had to sort through a couple hundred little guys. Maybe the big-uns will want black/pink next weekend... I guess I'll give it a shot. Thanks again, guys.
    P.S. They also seemed to like red/chart/white marabou jigs, and solid chart 2" GULP minnows. The GULP didn't want to stay on the hook too well though...

Post Thanks / Like

Crimson & Blue:D:D:D Only colors I can think about:D:D:D <*)}}}><
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Personally, I prefer purple and white, but I have no ill will towards crimson and blue. Congrats on the big game. What an honor for KU, and the big 12!
    I miss watching college B-ball already. Let's just start next season right now...