Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: going back to the basic's

Post Thanks / Like

Default going back to the basic's

i was trying to figure out this week what happened to the good old day's? my brain is get'n tired of analyzing these darn crappie. i have learned a ton from this site and would'nt trade all the knowledge ive learned on here for anything in the world. (well maybe if i got me a 3 pounder i'd give it all up) i was thinking before i gained this knowledge all i would look at was if the weather was fit for me to go fishing, and if it was, i went. until a year ago i can honestly say when me and pop's went fishing we never once looked at a barometer, if the water was high or low, if they were running water, what the clarity of the water was, the wind direction, how cold it got at night...now granted we fished truman mostly and aimed our trip's mainly in the spring, but we still did pretty well with what little knowledge we knew. just the basic's. fish timber, find a color, and find a depth. oh we got skunked plenty. but no more than i do now. so i'm gonna try and not focus on all that. and just concentrate on one thing, if the weather will allow me to go. it'll probably last all of 2 or 3 week's but we'll see i think the best year i had was the big flood of 93 (i think 93) berry bend was totally flooded out so we went to the state park over at LOZ and had the best two week's of fishing iv'e had in my 20 year's of crappie fishing. the water was muddy, super high, had cold front's move threw, wind changed...basically all the thing's that are suppose to be bad for fishing worked for us that time. anyway's i was bored and just thought i'd share my goofy thought's. i'm officially naming this weekend THROW BACK WEEKEND!:D not throwing the fish back but get'n back to the simplicity and see how it turn's out...maybe even sing some "TINY BUBBLE'S" for beagle well all have a safe weekend and catch some hawg's. i'm start'n my first throw back weekend over in kansas. me, billy bob, baller are gonna head over and try and catch some kanas hawg's. gonna hook up with speck and his buddy. hope to have some pic's. they may not be of fish:o but i'm sure i'll manage a few thing's that are picture worthy, and they'll be g-rated of course thanx for listening all. sorry if i bored you:D now with all that said who want's to go and fish a tourney with me? lol:D:D:D

jeff the simple slayer:D
    Last edited by KCMO CRAPPIESLAYER; 04-03-2008 at 11:32 PM.
    why do today what you can put off til tomorrow, go fishing instead!!!

Post Thanks / Like

sounds good the more i learn the less i know about crappie.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sticko View Post
    sounds good the more i learn the less i know about crappie.
    exactly, i think that's what i was trying to say. wow see i put to much thought into that...bad bad jeffie:D:o

Post Thanks / Like

Jeff,

Think you are on to something, not sure what? because to follow your lead, had to quit thinking right in the middle of that thought????
    Mark

Pitching jigs, catching slabs, life is good

Post Thanks / Like

maybe sometimes we get smarter than we are mentally capable of ? rrrrrr is i not on to something here

Post Thanks / Like

I'm right with ya, Jeffie........dazed and confused. I've decided not to bring the boat this weekend. I'm just bringing myself, two willow sticks, some twine, a couple of 1/4 inch hexnuts, and a few small safety pins. I will scour the banks for live bait to put on the safety pins. Throwback weekend sounds like a good idea as long as "brokeback" stays out of the equation.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't forget the toothpick.
    Standing in the Gap

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KCBALLER View Post
    jeffy has spoken.......... and AGAIN i'm LOST !!!!!!! THAT 5 MINS. OF MY LIFE I'LL NEVER GET BACK !!!!

you know exactly what i'm trying to say big daddy, is it that hard for you to be nice to me once in your life, guess so, i'm hurt i'm done with ya. look's like it's just me and simple billy bob. we'll get em. have fun on the dock's again eddie:D

Post Thanks / Like

Thank's for the mention, best post bar none you ever posted, hand's down, hope it works for you, if baller gives you to much flack whack him with the ole willow branch,,, to early to fish the bubbles, but soon till then remember Mr. Don HO

Post Thanks / Like

jeffy has spoken ........ true true
    Supreme Leader of the Missouri Crappie Militia.........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast