Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: i HATE racoons...

Foxy is offline Moderator Massachusetts Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default i HATE racoons...

Did an overnight catfishing excursion last summer. All is well until somewhere around 3AM, when I hear a bunch of rustling in the forest behind me. A racoon steps out of the bushes. Then another. And another. I flash my light into the woods behind them and it reflected off the glowing neon eyes of several more. Then I realized that I had left a bag of raw shrimp out of the cooler and thats what they were after. There was no escape, as they were between me and my truck. So I grabbed my knife in one hand and 1 of my rods in the other. I ran at them and hissed and shook my rod at them. The first 3 went back into the bushes, but I couldn't get them to retreat any further.

So this continued for another hour... I'd hear them start coming out of the bushes again and then chase them back. By then, I'd given up any hope of a nice quiet evening of fishing. Finally, I took the bag of shrimp, chucked it as far as I could into the woods behind them and sprinted to my truck. Whenever I see 1 in the road now, I hit the gas!
    Last edited by Foxy; 04-03-2008 at 09:49 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I was fishing the other day and snagged a old lantern you subtract half of them coons i'll blow out my lantern

Foxy is offline Moderator Massachusetts Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Jones View Post
    I was fishing the other day and snagged a old lantern you subtract half of them coons i'll blow out my lantern
    ^a lantern sturgeon, eh?

Post Thanks / Like

gotta hate them pesky coons always getting in my garbage

and as far as the lantern thing it dosent even deserve a reply at this point because you cant argue someone who knows all and does nothing but personal attacks all he is looking for is to get a rise from someone
    is that a bite...YEAH FISH DONT HAVE HANDS

Post Thanks / Like

Back in my younger day's we'd visit my grandparents at the lake. We'd keep our Crappie catch for the day in a fish basket hangin off the side of the dock to clean the next mornin. Damn Racoon's would pull the basket up and empty it everytime! lol
    Fishin' is cheaper than a psychiatrist.

Post Thanks / Like

I've got an uncle that's fishes crawfish commercially. He said the coons will knock over the traps and eat everything in one. A single female crawfish has enough eggs to fill a full sack of grown adults.... he shoots every one of those old rigtails he can.