Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This is why we do not need any more gun control

Post Thanks / Like

Default This is why we do not need any more gun control

I thought you might appreciate this . . ..

In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.------------------------------

In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.------------------------------

Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, a total of 13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated.------------------------------

China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated ------------------------------

Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated. ------------------------------

Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated. ------------------------------

Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, one million educated people, unable to defend them selves, were rounded up and exterminated. -----------------------------

Defenseless people rounded up and exterminated in the 20th Century because of gun control: 56 million.

------------------------------

It has now been 12 months since gun owners in Australia were forced by new law to surrender 640,381 personal firearms to be destroyed by their own government, a program costing Australia taxpayers more than $500million dollars.
    The first year results are now in:
    1)Australia-wide, homicides are up 3.2 percent.
    2)Australia-wide, assaults are up 8.6 percent.
    3)Australia-wide, armed robberies are up 44 percent (yes,44 percent)!
    4)In the state of Victoria alone, homicides with firearms are now up 300 percent. Note that while the law-abiding citizens turned them in, the criminals did not, and criminals still possess their guns!
    5)While figures over the previous 25 years showed a steady decrease in armed robbery with firearms, this has changed drastically upward in the past 12 months, since criminals now are guaranteed that their prey is unarmed.
    6)There has also been a dramatic increase in break-ins and assaults of the ELDERLY.
    7)Australian politicians are at a loss to explain how public safety has decreased, after such! Monumental effort and expense was expended in successfully ridding Australian society of guns. The Australian experience and the other historical facts above prove it.

You won't see this data on the US evening news, or hear politicians disseminating this information. Guns in the hands of honest citizens save lives and property and , yes, gun-control laws adversely affect only the law-abiding citizens. Take note my fellow Americans, before it's too late! The next time someone talks in favor of gun control, please remind them of this history lesson. With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

During WWII the Japanese decided not to invade America because they knew most Americans were ARMED!
    Last edited by john h; 04-03-2008 at 09:05 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns! I have owned guns all my life, and yet to commit a crime with them. I still haven't killed anyone either!
    Take your kids hunting and fishing, and you won't be hunting your kids

Post Thanks / Like

I wish they would put those facts on the news....but they will not. Until the media reconizes that gun owners are not the problem in this country we will have to constantly hear about guns being evil. I wish that they would think just once about the facts and not what they consider PC
    "Those who will trade a little liberty for a little security will lose both and deserve neither" Thomas Jefferson

Post Thanks / Like

The gun control freaks just don't get it. Ticks me off every time it comes up. I don't know about anyone else, but if they ever outlawed guns, I'd have to become an outlaw.

Post Thanks / Like

Amen to that!

Quote Originally Posted by joejv4 View Post
    The gun control freaks just don't get it. Ticks me off every time it comes up. I don't know about anyone else, but if they ever outlawed guns, I'd have to become an outlaw.
    Take your kids hunting and fishing, and you won't be hunting your kids

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I am one of those gun control freaks that you are talking about. I have been around fire arms all my life and have over 20 at this time. The thing is that my guns are secure in a gun safe so that others can't get to them. The ones that don't get it is the NRA and all the finatics that think they have an alienable right to be able to own any gun that they want to have. There has to be some restrictions involving firearms. Just as there are restrictions involving the first amendment of freedom of speech. You can't hollor fire in a crowded theater or any such similair situation. Just as you can't own an atomic weapon. There is no need for the assault type weapons with the banana clips for hunting. My Dad always said that if it took more than one bullet than you shouldn't be hunting.
    My biggest problem is the ease with which most people have access to firearms. I am guessing but I would bet that most guns are within easy reach of anyone that would want to get ahold of one. Meaning they aren't kept in a gun safe. A lot of people like to display them so they can show them off and are in a gun cabinet behind glass that can easily be broken or just sitting in a closet for anyone to get at, as the case in the Von Maur shooting in Omaha, Ne. last year. The gun was just sitting in his fathers closet waiting to be taken by anyone. As long as people have these types of guns there will be this type of shootings happening. The assault rifles and uzies don't have any practical need to be in the hands of hunters. jmo
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eager Beaver View Post
    There has to be some restrictions involving firearms.
    There already are. Lots of them.

It's been said before, but it's worth saying again: if the government would just enforce the laws that are already on the books, this would not be an issue.

It's the same with immigration. We don't need new laws, just a new resolve to follow the current law.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eager Beaver View Post
    I guess I am one of those gun control freaks that you are talking about. I have been around fire arms all my life and have over 20 at this time. The thing is that my guns are secure in a gun safe so that others can't get to them. The ones that don't get it is the NRA and all the finatics that think they have an alienable right to be able to own any gun that they want to have. There has to be some restrictions involving firearms. Just as there are restrictions involving the first amendment of freedom of speech. You can't hollor fire in a crowded theater or any such similair situation. Just as you can't own an atomic weapon. There is no need for the assault type weapons with the banana clips for hunting. My Dad always said that if it took more than one bullet than you shouldn't be hunting.
    My biggest problem is the ease with which most people have access to firearms. I am guessing but I would bet that most guns are within easy reach of anyone that would want to get ahold of one. Meaning they aren't kept in a gun safe. A lot of people like to display them so they can show them off and are in a gun cabinet behind glass that can easily be broken or just sitting in a closet for anyone to get at, as the case in the Von Maur shooting in Omaha, Ne. last year. The gun was just sitting in his fathers closet waiting to be taken by anyone. As long as people have these types of guns there will be this type of shootings happening. The assault rifles and uzies don't have any practical need to be in the hands of hunters. jmo
    question do you think that the von maur shooting would have happened if that person knew everyone else was carrying a gun? the thing is its still the criminals stealing guns from people that get them legally and have to lock them up instead of carrying them by there side if needed that are commiting these crimes...
    i can almost guarantee that at virgina tech or norther illinois that if the students were permitted to bear firearms that no where as many or many none at all would have died..
    most of the crimes commited with guns are commitited by cowards that know that there is a 99.9% chance that the person there gonna rob, murder, rape, attack, shoot wont have a gun to defend themselves. this is exactly why these crimes occur.

and as safe as you think your guns are, i gurantee that if someone wanted to get them they could and it would be just more criminals with guns against a population that is basically defenseless.. i mean seriously if someone were to break in your house and had a gun what good does gunsafe do you when your family is laying in a pool of blood while you try to remember the combination. sorry for being so graphic but this is what it has come down to and that is that america is slowly losing its inallieanable rights to defend themselves. also in every contry and in america every time the gun controls are tightened gun crime escalates, its a proven fact. cause the less guns we have the more of an advantage criminals have

now as for the assault weapons. your right there is no need for them in hunting or in a sporting sence but there is a very realistic reason for them to be used in a defenseive sence... it might sound far fetched but it only takes one nutball leader to control our country for things to go bad... all the countries i listed in the first post cept germany werent exactly countries known for genocide , and after having bush in office these last few years i definately feel a need to be able to defend myself against enemies both foreign and domestic

the thing is eager beaver. almost every couple mopnths there is a call for tighter and tigher restrictions on guns, where does it end? does it end when only the government has weapons? cause i guarantee you that is a path that it will eventually lead to.
    Last edited by john h; 04-04-2008 at 11:23 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

It will be really interesting to see what the Supreme Court says.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been around guns my whole life and learned to respect them and care for them. My idea of gun control is hitting what I am at...

Gonefission
    Bill

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast