Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Idea to conserve gasoline

Post Thanks / Like

Default Idea to conserve gasoline

With gas prices being what they are I have been trying to think of a way to save fuel and I may have came up with something. It takes quite a bit of gas to drive to a lake, river, etc., then when you get there it takes more gas (outboard) to locate a good spot to catch some crappie. I can't do much about the driving part, but maybe the locating part. I was thinking that if all of you guys would tell me where your secret/hot spots are that it would save some fuel having to search for fish. I believe that this would be a good deal for everyone involved. I would be happy because I could get on fish much faster and you guys would be happy (or at least have the satisfaction) knowing that you were doing your part to conserve gasoline! Please let me know where your hotspots are asap as I would like to start conserving fuel immediately. :D

Bob G is offline Moderator Keystone Crappie Association Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zeke
    With gas prices being what they are I have been trying to think of a way to save fuel and I may have came up with something. It takes quite a bit of gas to drive to a lake, river, etc., then when you get there it takes more gas (outboard) to locate a good spot to catch some crappie. I can't do much about the driving part, but maybe the locating part. I was thinking that if all of you guys would tell me where your secret/hot spots are that it would save some fuel having to search for fish. I believe that this would be a good deal for everyone involved. I would be happy because I could get on fish much faster and you guys would be happy (or at least have the satisfaction) knowing that you were doing your part to conserve gasoline! Please let me know where your hotspots are asap as I would like to start conserving fuel immediately. :D
    Zeke,

I will be the first to help you out. You would go to my favorite lake and you would have to fish "over there". Why you ask? because my secret spot is "over there". If this doesn't help you out, you may have to fish over yonder. There are lots of fish there. lol
    Bob Griffith
    Ice Team Power Stick
    Clam Corp. Pro Staff
    Keystone Crappie Association member

Post Thanks / Like

Bob,
    I was hoping for something a little more specific. Don't you want to do your part in fuel conservation?

Post Thanks / Like

Zeke - don't let Bob give you any slack. I'd be more then happy to help ya.
    What lake do you want to know about?

Actually, really doesn't matter - I catch all my fish (over there) in those blowdowns.

oops, guess Bob and I are on the same hot spot. Can't say we're not here to help - that must be a great spot to have two people tell you about it.

S10CHEVY is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General - Moderator Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

HEY ZEKE, over here ~~~~~~~~> see that brush pile down there. It's just full of hogs, waiting to bite your line. LOL

Post Thanks / Like

WOW! I never new that "over there" was such a great spot.

Post Thanks / Like

Zeke, what you need to do is follow Bob to his secret lake and watch him with glasses. Or I'll take you for a small fee of $100.00 and you will save on gas! Oh if you go with me , can you fish blindfolded? Or glue in the eyelids. whatever. Going to Franklin in morning to pick-up boat, bought new motor 20HP and was going to try it out on Sat. I figure it took me longer to find my spot with a 10HP than it would with a 20HP How dose that sound? trying to save on gas! Zimmy

Post Thanks / Like

Zimmy,
    I like the idea about watching with glasses. That would probably work on a certain person who likes to fish at Wilhelm too? I'm not too sure about the $100 fee to go fishing with you, though. I could buy about 10 gallons of gas for that kind of money. How about this deal? You take me your hotspot for free and I promise to keep it a secret OR the map you sent me with hotspots marked on it ACCIDENTLY turns up on the internet. You forgot about the map, didn't you? Yes, it's blackmail I know, but when it comes to fishing, nothing is off limits.

Post Thanks / Like

Zeke, for being a man of the cloth, you sure have some evil ways about you! No I didn't forget about the map, but just like in a James bond movie it will selfdestruct when you take it to the Lake. Have you out yet? Iam planning to hit the water this week end. And I do arry a pair of field glasses with me in my boat. Zimmy

Post Thanks / Like

Zimmy,
    I was up on Monday morning and fished from shore up near the swamp. I guess on Sat and Sunday they were catching limits of fish up there. Monday wasn't nearly as good, though. I checked at the marina causway, too, and they weren't biting there either. Very few boats out on the water. I think it will be picking up real soon, though. BTW, I'm practicing using the buttons on my gps with my eyes closed so when you take me on that blindfolded fishing trip I can log in your hotspots. You have to get up pretty early................

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast