Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crappie vacation information........

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie vacation information........

I have been put in charge of vacation plans this year. WOOOHOOOO I don't have to go to Disney World!!! So I was looking for some nice vacation spots to bring the wife and daughter. Maybe some fishing, swimming, cabin type places. I know some of you guys guide on here and know some of these places. I would be interested in renting a boat for a week or so if the price is comparible to hauling my boat from Indiana. I have never made a trip out of state where someone else wasn't in charge of planning, so I am new at this. Please leave me some contact and pricing information if you could please. If you have a place you would recommend that would be great too!

Need:

Good Fishing
    Cabin Rental (Week)
    Boat Rental (Week)
    Guide Services (maybe)
    Swimming (wife prefers Pool)
    Dining (tired of cooking)
    Other Entertainment nearby

If Dora the Explorer or Elmo lives near you, you're in for sure:p:p!! I'll fish everyday but the wife and daughter won't. So we need alternative entertainment. If neither live nearby, please leave the other information .
    Caught so many fish today my thumb is sore from clicking the counter.

Post Thanks / Like

Kentucky Lake. Cabins right on the water in many price ranges or splurge and get a houseboat. State Resort Parks right on Kentucky and Barkley. www.kentuckylake.com or www.kentuckylake.org order the vacation planner.

Don't know exactly where you are, but I can see Barkley 3 hours and 15 minutes after I leave home, and it's all 4-lane from many places in Indiana. Probably about 5 hours from Indy.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Cat, I live in Pendleton. So add a half hour or so. About 5-5 1/2. I will look into it.

Post Thanks / Like

Are you set on a crappie trip? I'm not sure how much you want to spend or how far you want to travel, but how about any of these options:

A Florida trip for tarpon/bonefish/redfish/sharks/mackerel/tuna/jacks?

A steelhead trip to the Great Lakes or Pacific NW?

A trout trip out West?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishing

My wife and I go to Ky. Lake every year. Sometimes 2-3 times and it is a 8 hour drive for us. It is getting expensive but by golly we will give up many other things before we will give up that trip. It is the most relaxing vacation you can find. We go to Big Bear Resort most of the time which is only 2-3 miles from the dam. Plenty to do there and some good fishing in Big Bear Bay. We usually get a fishing guide for one day just to sit back, relax, and enjoy the fishing stories. We catch fish without one but a guide can sure make for a relaxing day. If you go and want a guide try Rodney Hairgrove. Great guy and will put you on the fish. You can go to
    www.kentuckylake.com
    and it will list a whole bunch of resorts, guides, reports, maps, and whatever.
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 04-03-2008 at 01:06 PM.
    Crappie spawning and morels popping up at the same time. What was God thinking when he made that schedule. It's pure torture every spring deciding which to do.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Ain't no fish in Ky Lake.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys, I think I'll look into KY Lake. But would like to look into some other places as well. Disco I prefer not to Saltwater fish. I have absolutely no want to Saltwater fish. I have been twice and hated it both times. I think I'll stay inland. Would rather visit some of the hot Crappie spots. I was thinking about Barkley, KY Lake and maybe even Watts Bar TN. I saw a Midwest Crappie show on Watts Bar and have considered it, but don't know anyone that goes there to fish from around here. I was thinking about JUNE sometime, but can persuade the wife to go in MAY. I think the Crappie fishing might be better in May.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PapermouthLegend View Post
    Disco I prefer not to Saltwater fish. I have absolutely no want to Saltwater fish. I have been twice and hated it both times.
    I'm shocked! I don't do it much, but I've always enjoyed it. Still, staying close to home for some crappie fishing is pretty good, too.

Post Thanks / Like

Any of the ALA state parks would be nice, Guntersville is on the lake. Bream crappie bass catfish golf etc. Ck out the AL. forum some of the guys may know other places. Of course do not forget the Crappie Capitol of the World..

poppop is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I am with papermouth......don't care anything about the saltwater fishing....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast