Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: ? on Barnett

Post Thanks / Like

Default ? on Barnett

Got a friend going Thursday, wish I could go but will be out of town. Have they started above 43 or is it still too messed up? Last I heard you had to fish down lake and deep, any reports?
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Southern Sickle Jigs Pro Staff

Jigger Guest

I caught the limit Sunday in the wind south of 43 in 8-11ft of water. I would guess that by this weekend you will definitely be able to find them shallow somewhere. I'm not really certain what effect all this new rain will have on the fishing down there.

Post Thanks / Like

Just got back in town and hoping to go to Barnett Monday and Wednesday if I can get a good report above 43. Have they moved into the shallows yet?

Post Thanks / Like

Wayne and I went to Barnett Monday and Wednesday and fished above 43, both of us know really nothing about Barnett so we were just feeling around. Wayne seems to only fish during the spawn with are cork and I am mainly a deep water tightline man. Anyway we caught 27 Monday mainly in 2 places where the current had wash out some deep holes and it had slack water. They were really pulling water and it was pretty muddy. Went back Wednesday and the current was not near as bad and the water had cleared up somewhat. We only caught 17 and only about 3 in the 2 places we had caught most on Mon. It was one here and one there, could not come up with a pattern. We really had some nice ones, make Okatibbee crappie look bad, just wish it was not 95 miles over there. We did pick up 6 real nice bluegills and 2 channel cats on Wed. so we wound up with a nice mess both days, just wish we knew where to go over there, Steve