Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Does eating fish cause Gout?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Does eating fish cause Gout?

has anyone heard that? I've just recently learned that my painful feet could be attributed to eating tooooooo much fish? Sounds farfetched....

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LakeHardingSpirit
    has anyone heard that? I've just recently learned that my painful feet could be attributed to eating tooooooo much fish? Sounds farfetched....
    If that is the case, my 80 year old fishing partner and his wife shouldn't be able to walk. They probably eat fish 3-4 times a week.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Default never heard that one yet

I have also heard that about to much red meat. So I try to eat steak med rare 3 times a week and fish 4 times a week. Wash down with plenty of beer and my feet feel fine
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later.

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PIGINTHEPIGPEN
    I have also heard that about to much red meat. So I try to eat steak med rare 3 times a week and fish 4 times a week. Wash down with plenty of beer and my feet feel fine
    That is almost like my 7 course dinners. A 6 pack and a bag of peanuts. LOL
    Well back in my drinking days it was.

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mmm Good

Quote Originally Posted by IBNFSHN
    That is almost like my 7 course dinners. A 6 pack and a bag of peanuts. LOL
    Well back in my drinking days it was.

After a 6 pack and no dinner. A Bologna sandwich taste like a ribeye to me :D
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later.

Post Thanks / Like

Nothin wrong with bologna. I like that old german chunk type. You can cut it as thick as you want.

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, and the best bologna is usually found at the local deli. A little mayo and pepper on wheat with a 3/8 inch slice of good bologna. ummmm...good! Ya vol??

Post Thanks / Like

I have heard that shellfish will give you gout, but not fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Well what is GOUT? I forget what that disease is all about.

I would think that it's something poisonous that the fish ate that could cause the disease.

I do know that shellfish being bottom feeders eat a lot of toxin that settle in the lake bottom. The shellfish filter out the tiny organism from the mud and those organisms also get contaminated by the toxin in the muck. The shell fish are concentraing the toxins that they get from the tiny bacteria and micoorganisms. You eat too many oysters that have lived in polluted water or muchy bottom and you get those toxins concentrating inside your body. That can definately lead to a disease. Not sure if that is how gout is caused.

My X wife was a nurse and I use to read her text books for kicks when she was just out of nursing school and we were just dating. I learned a lot about disease from those text books. The Physician's Desk Top Reference was one of my favorites. It's the one that Doctors refer to a lot to help them diagnois a disease. Well there were a lot of diseases listed in that reference book that said. "ETOLOGY UNKNOW" which means that they didn't have a clue how you got that particuar disease. There is a lot that Dr don't know. But they know more than most of us so still listen to them. But get more than on opinion if you're smart. Not all Doctors will come up with the same diagnosis. He he. Sounds like some boat mechanics I have been too.

Sometimes its a process of elimination and it's on your dime.

Quote Originally Posted by JET4
    I have heard that shellfish will give you gout, but not fish.
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Default Slick meat

Quote Originally Posted by IBNFSHN
    Nothin wrong with bologna. I like that old german chunk type. You can cut it as thick as you want.

I love it fried in a skillet

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast