Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Crappie Fishing in Arkansas

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie Fishing in Arkansas

The crappie here seem to be on the move. They're getting scarce in the areas we were catching them but haven't seemed to settle in on the deeper brush yet either.

Hopefully they'll bunch back up on their usual summer spots before long and we can start getting some decent numbers again.

Good news is that the Hybrid White Bass, Kentucky Bass and Walleye are slaughtering the shad around sunrise and we're catching some nice ones.

I'd rather be catching crappie but you have to take what you can get this time of year.
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 02-04-2006 at 07:14 AM.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Just got home a couple of hours ago jerry. I appreciate the trip and look forward to doing it again soon. Thanks again

ps My wife got a kick out of New Orleans

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Jonathan,

Good to hear you made it home safe and sound.

Sure wish the crappie would have cooperated better while you were here - we'll put a hurt on them next time.

Keeip in touch.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

JLyons Guest

[B]hey guys ,
    I'm, new to the board but not new to fishing by any means.
    But you never know too much about it.
    If I find anything that may be helful I'll try to get in here and let ya'll know.
    not even sure I'm posting in the right thread but I'll get used to it before long..
    Looks to me like ya'll have got a good thing going here keep up the good work !
    I'm going fishing in the morning a place close to home it used to be the old Arkansas River channel before all the navigational stuff was put in ...the river floods it in the winter and usually we catch some nice ones there...for those of you in or around central Arkansas you probably know it better for it's archery season on nice whitetails..
    I'll try to get some pics when i get back from Holla Bend tomorrow...

JLyons Guest

Default 27 @ Holla Bend

we went out this morning at daylight caught 27 ..not too bad for a body of water that averages 9 ft....we fished jigs over brush.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Welcome to the Board JLyons!

Quote Originally Posted by JLyons
    [B]hey guys ,
    I'm, new to the board but not new to fishing by any means.
    But you never know too much about it.
    If I find anything that may be helful I'll try to get in here and let ya'll know.
    not even sure I'm posting in the right thread but I'll get used to it before long..
    Looks to me like ya'll have got a good thing going here keep up the good work !
    I'm going fishing in the morning a place close to home it used to be the old Arkansas River channel before all the navigational stuff was put in ...the river floods it in the winter and usually we catch some nice ones there...for those of you in or around central Arkansas you probably know it better for it's archery season on nice whitetails..
    I'll try to get some pics when i get back from Holla Bend tomorrow...
    Regards,

Moose1am