Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Variable angle transducer video. It works!

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Variable angle transducer video. It works!

Finally got this thing mounted and got to try it out. Pretty simple. Bad weather here (as usual). Anyone who wants the info on how to build just ask. It is free.

Now to figure out what to do with it.

Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Very cool, Thanks for sharing and I'm glad your back.

Post Thanks / Like

CP, did you just invent the poor man's "side view"? I have a Fish Eagle 320, and I'd be interested in rigging up something like that. If the fish are off to the side of the boat, can you get an image of them? Or is there too much interference? I guess you'd have to figure how to correct for the depth, huh? If you change the angle on the transducer to 45 degrees, and you know that the bottom is flat and 20 ft deep, then will the monitor show the depth is 28.28 ft? Or does it fuzz it out?

Great idea! Thanks!

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Suggestion:::::::Put this Hi Tech transducer on Clyde's boat..I am sure it wouldn't take him long to get the hang of it..

PS:: Tom, does Clyde carry chains on his boat???
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DonG View Post
    Suggestion:::::::Put this Hi Tech transducer on Clyde's boat..I am sure it wouldn't take him long to get the hang of it..

PS:: Tom, does Clyde carry chains on his boat???

##$%&***#@^&%$^ CHAINS...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TeqSheriff View Post
    CP, did you just invent the poor man's "side view"? I have a Fish Eagle 320, and I'd be interested in rigging up something like that. If the fish are off to the side of the boat, can you get an image of them? Or is there too much interference? I guess you'd have to figure how to correct for the depth, huh? If you change the angle on the transducer to 45 degrees, and you know that the bottom is flat and 20 ft deep, then will the monitor show the depth is 28.28 ft? Or does it fuzz it out?

Great idea! Thanks!
    You can see fish or other sound reflective stuff. distance to objects is the same from any angle, just rotate the display clockwise X degrees.

I am gonna post some more pics on this rig, but I just haveta wait on better weather. Don't wanna get me camera wet.

I viewed fishes under my boat dock. I also drove thru some buck brush and view a few crappies (6-8 ft water). I wouldn't dare take my good boat in this stuff.

I know it works, but I just gotta figure out the best way to use it and what all it is telling me. It all has to do with the cone angle and the angle of the transducer. It can be calculated with trigonometry, just like any cone angle coverage.

I set max depth on the sonar at 40 feet. No reason, just a SWAG depth.

Tom

Post Thanks / Like

you better get to the patent on that and quick somebody else will claim it good idea cane pole.
    HERE FISHY FISHY

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by danny View Post
    you better get to the patent on that and quick somebody else will claim it good idea cane pole.
    No one can claim this rig Danny, I have already made it public information, It is free to anyone. Only people that make out on patents are the patent lawyers. The patent offices are full of good ideas which have made lawyers rich and broke the poor sucker that just had to have a patent.

This is why I give ideas away. No one can take what I give away, away.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Cane Pole you are alright. Your knowledge and willingness to share it is what makes this site worth visiting. I also enjoy your humor....Hee Hee.
    Take your kids hunting and fishing, and you won't be hunting your kids

Post Thanks / Like

CP - Could you make me a bracket similar to the one with the transducer so that it will pick my chain up and down while I am in the front of the boat? It would sure be easier on me. Just kidding---Cool contraption.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast