Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Chilatchee Creek Alabama river

Post Thanks / Like

Default Chilatchee Creek Alabama river

Anybody know whats happenin down there now. Was there a couple of weeks ago and the fish were slow on the banks? Fished Chilatchee and Bouge Chitto and a few sloughs off the main river. Any advice would be appreciated.

crazy4crappie Guest

Are you jig or minnow fishing? My husband and I mainly minnow fish...and it's been slow for us in Bogue Chitto, White Oak, Big Swamp etc...but our friends who have been fishing with jigs and have had alot of success fishing the banks

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Second Hand Report

A friend camped there this WE.He told me that he didn't have much luck.I think he said he tried minnows and brought about a dozen home.Bad weather was a factor also.

crazy4crappie Guest

Smile Slow... but steady after 2:00

My husband and I went fishing in Bogue Chitto this weekend (Sunday) and it was slow with us (and everyone else we ran into) most had 2 fish up until about 2:00 then it started picking up. We put (well I put..ha ha ha) 5 fish in the boat in about 1 hour along the bank close to the landing at Merediths. I wash minnow fishing and fishing about a foot deep..Although we didn't have any with eggs, one man who lives down there during crappie season had plenty with eggs he caught along the bank...he had 20 nice fish, but he was jigging only....I need to learn how to jig fish i guess but I just love to sink a minnow. The man we talk to a good bit said he had caught some nice ones in Big Swamp and Pine Barron (sp) earlier that week...
    Good luck to all :D

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the heads up on the jigs. Ive started throwing jigs more lately and have caught more fish. But their aint nothin like dobin da bank with minnows. It relax's me and I like seein that cork go under. Caught quite a few fish in that creek on the left going up river just past the Mansion. I think it might be called Gee's creek(got cyprus trees in the back). Where is big swamp and pine barron?
    Good fishin