Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fish finder

flabio Guest

Default Fish finder

I recently purchse a used 11.2 basstender boat and it has hookups for 2 fish finders. I want to get a good one and I basically only fish for crappie,any suggestions and approximate prices

Post Thanks / Like

Hummingbird pirahna around 100 bucks.

Post Thanks / Like

I fish here in Idaho and the best fish finder would be the Loran. I fish Steelhead, Salmon, Sturgeon and most other fresh water fish. I believe you will be happy with it. Ken

Post Thanks / Like

I have one of the humminbird 797 si combo. It's a bit pricey but it has the SI, GPS, and I bought a lake chip for it in order to have details maps of lakes in several states. All this is going to run about 1000 dollars, maybe 2000 if you go for the 997 si combo. You won't regret going with this unit. I love mine and use the SI all the time. I'm still learning with it but if you go to the yahoo side imaging group, there are alot of pictures of the SI in action. Alot of people use the SI to find schools of crappies/other fish/cribs/brush and have had luck seeing these things on the SI. I've seen fish and other bottom structure on mine and it helps me alot by being able to follow the contour lines while trolling for walleyes.

Post Thanks / Like

Thinkng of buying one of the portable Fishin Buddy fish finders. Does anyone have one? Do I need the side finder? Didn't know if it worked that well or not?

Post Thanks / Like

Lorance and Humming bird are both great products. The si is teriffic and yes it works. No need for it in shallow water saturated with grass, in that case you dont need eather. Both lorance and hummingbird have great service, I know this because I own both and have for 30 yrs. Still dont know how to use all the featuresand benefits. The best advice that I can give you is stretch your budgit as far as you can and you wont regret it.

Post Thanks / Like

Walmart is selling fishfinders now, I saw. I, however, just wanted something for depth, temp, and structure. Mine ran me about $100, bought it at Bass Pro, and it is a Huminbird Phiranna Max 20...and I LOVE IT! Very simple, and gives me what I need.