PDA

View Full Version : Spider rigging how to's

TAZ
04-11-2005, 07:38 PM
Just about done setting my boat up to attempt this new to me style of fishing. My questions are 1. What bell sinker weight is the best ?
2. Should I use 3 way swivels or just loop the line?
3. Do I use a bobber or not?
4. Last but most important is -- How many poles doe's the State of Tennessee allow ? Can I use double hooks with the same number of poles?

I've read how to articles but they did'nt spell everything out!

papasage
04-11-2005, 07:54 PM
taz go down to the tennessee forum and will probabley git more info on that state . there is a few on the chat from tennessee. they maye be there now . the onley way i can git into chat is at the bottom of the list of ststes . where it has a chat . that chat will open it . papasage

stumpjumper
04-11-2005, 08:00 PM
i'M NOT A PRO BUT THE WAY I DO IT IS THIS. 1) I us a 1/4 or 1/2 oz. sinker with the wire out of the top that tied to the end of my line. 2) i don't use 3 way swivels cause take to much time to tie on if you loose several rigs at once. ( bush piles or stumps) 3) no bobbers i tight line straight down and watch my tips. 4) never fish in tenn. but from what i read there is limits on number of poles and no. of hook/pole. also i tie my hooks on with loop on my line i use 6 pound test. with the long poles if you hook a bigun the rod will help with the shock.

good luck and remember fish is much better than working; biting or not.

tnvol
04-12-2005, 11:16 AM
Taz: Reading from the TN 2005 Fish Regulations--

"Pole Limit- There is no limit on the number of poles,
with some exceptions (see pages 6-13)"

"Dale Hollow- 3 pole limit per angler from boat and
6 pole limit per angler from bank may be used."

I can't find any regulations on the number of
hooks per rod...except for:

"Umbrella rig restriction- Umbrella rigs are defined
as an array of more than 3 artificial lures or baits
(with or without hooks) used by a single rod and reel
combination. If the hook size is 6 or larger, then only
one lure or bait may have a hook, and that hook must
be a single hook." (not a treble)

I hope this helps!!

whizkids
04-12-2005, 11:37 AM
The above titled book was very helpful to me. I don't recommend the double hook rig they use when you are learning. Use a 10 lb test line on the reel set it up like carolina rigging a worm and use a 6 lb leader. Use a 3/8 to 3/4 oz sinker depending on wind and / or water clarity. Floating bobbers is technically a different technique although some use a free moving bobber to detect strikes when tight line spider rigging. I personally have never used that.

http://www.monstercrappie.com/Products.cfm