Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: My KY Lake tournament report

Post Thanks / Like

Default My KY Lake tournament report

Well, the big Elks crappie tournament was Saturday and I'm happy to report that we did catch fish! We ended up with 31 fish, with a 20 fish limit for weigh in. Our best 20 weighed in at 17.71 lbs. The tournament winners' weight was 30.76 lbs! Sure would have liked to stick a GPS tracker on their boat!!!!! We were happy finishing 15th . . . just a couple more pounds and we would have been in top 10. We had a great day on the water, and the fish fry after the tourney was mighty tasty. We really enjoyed meeting Tom (Cane Pole) and his wife too. We've started planning our strategy for next year . . . . shooting for top 10 next time and have a whole year to practice. :D The tournament is held to raise money for scholarships for local high school seniors and this was the best year out of 17 years of tournaments.
    Vonna
    Yes, I fish like a girl. If you tried a little harder, you could too!!

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default good report

Glad u got the limit. It is tough fishing when the water is rising the way it did last week. Lots of people I talked to only caught a few fish this past weekend. They were scattered for sure. Just remember that you got the limit under not so good of conditions.....That is something to brag about ...
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you had a real good time - congrats
    If you ain't tyin' - you ain't fryin'

Take a kid fishin'
    Scrap

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats!!!sounds Like You Did Pretty Good For The Conditions!!good Fishin To Ya!!!dennis
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com