Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Pole Limit????

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pole Limit????

Guys what is the pole limit while spider rigging in IL? I always assumed it was two per person, however at Lake Egypt last weekend I saw one guy and his wife with about 16 poles. He was doing this out in the open, so maybe he knows something that I don't.

Thanks,

Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Default pole limit

Semomike - This is a direct quote from the Illinois Natural Resources Illinois Fishing Information booklet. "Trolling is permissible, provided the angler has not more than three poles and lines with not more than two hooks or lures on each." Some waters have special regulations and designate 2 pole and line fishing only. The guy you saw was illlegal I am sure.
    Ken

Post Thanks / Like

A game warden told me you can only troll with 3 poles unless it is a lake that has a 2 pole limit which there are several with 2 pole limits.

Post Thanks / Like

Lake of Egypt is privately owned (power company). Would that make a difference?
    Steve

Wardy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by steve57
    Lake of Egypt is privately owned (power company). Would that make a difference?
    Look in the Illinois Fishing digest... It will tell you the limits. Trolling in Illinois is limited to three poles..two hooks per person unless it is a more resticted two pole lake. Alot of lakes are owned by municipalities... and such but are managed and stocked by the state... so state regs apply. My guess is they were violating.

Wardy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wardy
    Look in the Illinois Fishing digest... It will tell you the limits. Trolling in Illinois is limited to three poles..two hooks per person unless it is a more resticted two pole lake. Alot of lakes are owned by municipalities... and such but are managed and stocked by the state... so state regs apply. My guess is they were violating.

Wardy
    They are darn sure lucky there wasn't a warden anywhere in site.....
    I won't be at work........I'm feelin' crappie today!
    ><)))*>