PDA

View Full Version : TPB & THE Jig - tank test

camofish
03-31-2008, 12:56 AM
Playing around in the fish tank with different baits and how they act in a vertical presentation in my fish tank. :eek:

So here are my findings and action packed video review. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CS1hPt4-hs

Fish On!

john h
03-31-2008, 01:28 AM
well thats great if i want to catch goldfish

camofish
03-31-2008, 02:03 AM
well thats great if i want to catch goldfish

LOL, :D This is why.
I just wanted to show everyone how they act in the water. Then your fishing it 1"-2" or even 17"-20" down, you can't see what your bait is doing. So all I was doing was showing how these baits act under water in a vertical presentation.

Nothing funny about it, and they are tetras mostly, not goldfish. ;)

I've been catching perch, crappie, and gills.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/camofish/2008%20IceFishing/031408_04aa.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/camofish/2008%20IceFishing/031408_02a.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/camofish/2008%20IceFishing/012808_06a.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/camofish/2008%20IceFishing/011508_02a.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/camofish/2008%20IceFishing/011308_11a.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/camofish/2008%20IceFishing/010808_10a.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/camofish/2008%20IceFishing/010808_01a.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/camofish/2008%20IceFishing/010408_14a.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/camofish/2008%20IceFishing/122107_08a.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/camofish/2008%20IceFishing/122107_07a.jpg
And I can't wait till the ice is gone so I can get back out there and get some more, action.

That is why.

FIsh oN!

shipahoy41
03-31-2008, 07:53 AM
Camofish,

That is a nice aquarium. I also test my jigs in an aquariun under an actual bobber because I want to see for myself what they will do underwater.

daltreypark
03-31-2008, 07:58 AM
You've got to learn how to set the hook properly. I saw you missed quite a few good bites. :D

shipahoy41
03-31-2008, 08:07 AM
You've got to learn how to set the hook properly. I saw you missed quite a few good bites. :D

Now that is funny. You just got to train those Tetras! A Crappie knows how to inhale a jig. :D:D:D:D

camofish
03-31-2008, 08:16 AM
Now that is funny. You just got to train those Tetras! A Crappie knows how to inhale a jig. :D:D:D:D

So true, I didn't know if I should have bent or cut off the point, I didn't want any sore lipped tetras to learn the way of one bite twice shy. :D And that is why I feed them early in the day so they won't end up twice shy. :cool:

Crappie Reaper
03-31-2008, 02:52 PM
I didn't see much action on any of the jigs, whether it was another jig or a THE jig. Give me an old fashioned home spun Maribou and it will catch just as many fish as anything you got. Blue gill bite anything. I'd bet I could cut up one of my stinky socks and fill a freezer with Gills. Maribou has more action than anything presented in that fish tank, that's a fact. I will comment on the size of the Blue Gill though, it's a dandy. It's rare they make it to that size around these parts as they are nothing more than fish food for the Bass and Cats.

joejv4
03-31-2008, 02:57 PM
Cool video!

john h
03-31-2008, 03:12 PM
yeah the tetras only bit cause of the lack of fishing pressure ....lol

someone gotta pick on ya lol

catman
03-31-2008, 03:18 PM
nice pics camo

deathb4disco
03-31-2008, 03:39 PM
I didn't see much action on any of the jigs, wether it was another jig or a THE jig. Give me an old fashioned home spun Maribou and it will catch just as many fish as anything you got. Blue gill bite anything. I'd bet I could cut up one of my stinky socks and fill a freezer with Gills. Maribou has more action than anything presented in that fish tank, that's a fact.

Agree completely.

crappiekeith
03-31-2008, 06:23 PM
Maybe Camo was'nt jigging like a guy could.I did'nt think the vid showed how well they really work either.
I do give him credit for trying.
The negative comments show how ignorant you guys are. By the way ignorant simply means you do not know. It's not a bash.
There's many baits that do not work in water colder then 45 degrees.This one does.

I doubt guys from down south see much ice much less have water covered with up to 3 feet of it for 6 months leaving that water with very little oxygen making those fish very lathargic .Not having the expierence of that really doesn't give you a base to make the comments you have made.
Having a bait sized down to 100th of an oz is what it takes sometimes.You'd never use anything larger then a 64th oz up here or in N.Y.yet down south a 1/16th would be common place.

I would never be so bold as to make a comment so rude or agree to one if I had no knowledge base of the topic.

shipahoy41
03-31-2008, 06:50 PM
So true, I didn't know if I should have bent or cut off the point, I didn't want any sore lipped tetras to learn the way of one bite twice shy. :D And that is why I feed them early in the day so they won't end up twice shy. :cool:

I have my Marabou Jig beneath a Wooly Bugger under a slip float http://www.crappie.com/gr8vb3/showthread.php?p=480871#post480871 in my fish tank. They stay in there as a permanent moving and colorful attraction. Yes I cut the end of the hook off. I figured it was better to sacrifice a few jigs to determine:

1) How long do my jigs hold up under constant water pressure?

2) How does the marabou really look like pulsating under a float? The top filters move enough water to create surface waves in the tank.

3) What do they look like under differing light conditions?

4) It is just a conversation piece in my tank (55 gallons).

deathb4disco
03-31-2008, 06:56 PM
The negative comments show how ignorant you guys are. By the way ignorant simply means you do not know. It's not a bash.

I fish vertically all the time with baits much smaller than that. It's not a skill that's exclusive to ice fishing.

There's many baits that do not work in water colder then 45 degrees.This one does.

I doubt guys from down south see much ice much less have water covered with up to 3 feet of it for 6 months leaving that water with very little oxygen making those fish very lathargic.

In Camo's post and in the video, he talks about showing how the bait acted in the water. Therefore, I didn't take this to be a "cold water/ice only" post. I've seen other posts and videos by Camo using the same baits with no ice in sight, like here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WElg5XIFj0

If this was meant to be an ice fishing thread, why not post in the ice forum?

I would never be so bold as to make a comment so rude or agree to one if I had no knowledge base of the topic.

What did Crappie Reaper say that was rude?

Crappie Reaper
03-31-2008, 09:44 PM
I'll chime back in on this. I personally never have held to the "Big Bait, Big Fish" way of thinking. Maybe it's because I have caught my biggest crappie on 1/32 oz and 1/64th oz. It's about all I use when jigging. I think the bigger crappie don't even have to make an effort to inhale one other than taking a breath. As for the so called T.H.E. jig, I am sure it catches fish. I've been tying my own jigs for over 36 years and have never tried to peddle one of them. I have given many away and have prolly caught more fish than most. I make one comment about a post that supposedly touts some kind of HIGH ACTION jig while in a fish aquarium. I have pulled dust buggers out of my nose at the end of a REAL days worth of work that have more action in the napkin than that jig had in the tank. So before you call me IGNORANT, know a little more about what you are talking about. You want RUDE? Is this rude enough? I wouldn't mind seeing ED ban weblinks from signatures. I think he should start charging everyone who wants to try and sell their wares on this site. The thread about Jimmy Houston, Bill Dance, infomercials??? Just take a look at all the links on the guys who post IGNORANT things on this forum just to get their signiture, ( I mean web-link) in front of everyone. This forum is becoming an INFOMERCIAL. And it's because of so many people making post after post, selling THEIR product. I miss the days when this forum was about the fishing and the people.

And Death before Disco is right, If it was a so called "Ice Fishing" thing, it should have been posted in the Ice section.

I think I'll starve my fish for 2 weeks, then drop a R.E.A.L jig in the tank and watch them go nuts over it. Geesh, get a life.

GRIZZ
03-31-2008, 09:49 PM
Sheesh guys. Chill.

Crappie Reaper
03-31-2008, 09:53 PM
Sheesh guys. Chill.

So you're saying this SHOULD be in the ICE FISHING section?

GRIZZ
03-31-2008, 09:58 PM
I'm saying chill. If you want me to expand on that then I'll say stop being jerks and making trouble where there isn't any reason for it. They aren't hurting anyone.

john h
03-31-2008, 10:15 PM
Maybe Camo was'nt jigging like a guy could.I did'nt think the vid showed how well they really work either.
I do give him credit for trying.
There's many baits that do not work in water colder then 45 degrees.This one does.as do thousands of others

I doubt guys from down south see much ice much less have water covered with up to 3 feet of it for 6 months leaving that water with very little oxygen making those fish very lathargic .Not having the expierence of that really doesn't give you a base to make the comments you have made.ok if thats the case post it in ice fishing section or on a northern board
Having a bait sized down to 100th of an oz is what it takes sometimes.You'd never use anything larger then a 64th oz up here or in N.Y.yet down south a 1/16th would be common place.yes cause we have real fish down here

its rude to state that even cause you do not know what experience he has.. all we see is you pimping out your jigs every chance you get, it used to be just you now you have others doing it for you. there is other people who do make jigs and stuff on here and sell them but they dont make every post a showcase for there lure. i have seen you on other boards and you do the same thing, it does tend to get a lil weary when your posts are more about your lures then the fish themselves..plus most of the stuff is just knockoffs of stuff people already made. T.H.E. Jig is nothing different the a Gitzit jig and your plastics are nothing different then what people have been using for years. Now if you came up with something that we have never seen before and caught what we dont catch then maybe would be worth us seeing but the stuff you have now is nothing original at all

deathb4disco
03-31-2008, 10:28 PM
This is the best thread ever! :D

john h
03-31-2008, 10:29 PM
nah i miss the drunk boating thread, that one was the best lol

daltreypark
03-31-2008, 10:32 PM
The Drunk Boating Thread? What's That......By the way check out my new link

john h
03-31-2008, 10:32 PM
what link?

deathb4disco
03-31-2008, 10:33 PM
By the way check out my new link

Perfect timing!

Crappie Reaper
03-31-2008, 10:36 PM
This is the best thread ever! :D

Just wondering, when I video MY presentation, will a stock tank be ok? Do I need to wait until it has a coat of ice over it? Any one have a used ice house I could borrow to set over it? Should I place this in Ice Forum, Off Topic, or that one to sell things in, where most of the peddlers should be posting their wares? I just don't know.

deathb4disco
03-31-2008, 10:40 PM
Crappie Reaper has the best avatar AND the best signature!

:D:D:D

john h
03-31-2008, 10:47 PM
his avatar looks like me before my coffee

camofish
04-01-2008, 01:44 AM
WOW, there are some great farking digs in this topic. :D Glad that I could bring the best out in everyone. Looks like this topic should be just BIG 'OL DELETED. :p

I was just trying to show a little fun in what these little baits look like under water. :confused: I have marabou jigs too, but don't do well with them personally on the waters that I fish. But, I've never said that they don't work either. I do catch panfish on them from time to time too.

I also am looking into trying to tie some jig myself this summer.
No I didn't do this for Ice fishing, but it is for vertical fishing, winter, spring, summer, who cares. I don't always use a bobber either.

These aren't the only jigs I use. I use bait, tubejigs, hard baits, as well as a number of plastic baits. I'm not worried about the little digs, but it seems that if anything is posted with the totally hot everyday jig that people have to say there .02 cents on the crap.

Did I say go out and buy them, no. Yes I posted the names of the products that I tested in my little 55 gal. tank with my little tetras. But, I can put my finger in the water and they will want to check it out and nip at it. Not triing to say that all fish what these baits either.

If you don't care about it, don't watch it or don't post crap about it. So, if I did a tank test with marabou jigs, thump'n jigs, BPS tubejigs, crappie sliders, roadrunners, etc. Would I get the same crap, nope don't think so.

So, if the admin wants to delete this crap, go right ahead. At least the mop what be gathering around the gallo's pole. :eek:

BTW, 235 views for 1 day of video online, so people are watching it. Get over your problems and get out there and show me your fish.

Fishing is suppost to be fun, not an agruement. :mad:

john h
04-01-2008, 05:40 AM
seriously you guys know what your doing you do it on every fishing forum your on and have had same sort of feedback from most of em

john h
04-01-2008, 05:46 AM
WOW, there are some great farking digs in this topic. :D Glad that I could bring the best out in everyone. Looks like this topic should be just BIG 'OL DELETED. :p no it should be left here so people will see that people are tired of commercials in the forum

I was just trying to show a little fun in what these little baits look like under water. :confused: I have marabou jigs too, but don't do well with them personally on the waters that I fish. But, I've never said that they don't work either. I do catch panfish on them from time to time too.no you were trying to advertise the jig

I also am looking into trying to tie some jig myself this summer.
No I didn't do this for Ice fishing, but it is for vertical fishing, winter, spring, summer, who cares. I don't always use a bobber either.might want to get with keith he said its cold water only, under 45 degrees

These aren't the only jigs I use. I use bait, tubejigs, hard baits, as well as a number of plastic baits. I'm not worried about the little digs, but it seems that if anything is posted with the totally hot everyday jig that people have to say there .02 cents on the crap. because the jig is ramed down our throats by keith on any forum we go to, its never " i caught some fish today" its always " i was using T.H.E Jig and its the best thing since slice bread and the only thing that will catch fish"

Did I say go out and buy them, no. Yes I posted the names of the products that I tested in my little 55 gal. tank with my little tetras. But, I can put my finger in the water and they will want to check it out and nip at it. Not triing to say that all fish what these baits either. how many tetra fisherman do you know of?

If you don't care about it, don't watch it or don't post crap about it. So, if I did a tank test with marabou jigs, thump'n jigs, BPS tubejigs, crappie sliders, roadrunners, etc. Would I get the same crap, nope don't think so.no you wouldnt cause the owner of them lures arent posting everyday about how great there knock offs of someone elses lures are

So, if the admin wants to delete this crap, go right ahead. At least the mop what be gathering around the gallo's pole. :eek: should delete any other topic also where somoene is blatantly runing an infomercial for his brother or what not

BTW, 235 views for 1 day of video online, so people are watching it. Get over your problems and get out there and show me your fish.its youtube, i could put a blank screen up and get 1000 hits a day

Fishing is suppost to be fun, not an agruement. :mad:fishing is supposed to be fun not an infomercial

dont play innocent you guys know what your doing and good thing that people dont usually patent there jigs cause if someone copied mine id sue

camofish
04-01-2008, 06:11 AM
All good points but again, DID I SAY GO BUY IT, IT'S THE HOTEST THING THERE IS, IT"S THE ONLY THING THAT CATCHES FISH.

If you watch my other videos, you'll see that I use other baits and say other baits names. Northland doodle bug, Handpainted teardrops, OH AND YES, I USE MEAT, did you see me say, no meat needed. So just cause I use a bait, don't mean I'm an infomercial.

I DON'T LIVE FOR ONE JIG, OR FISH WITH ONE JIG.

JUST CAUSE I USE A BAIT AND SAY IT"S NAME, DOESN"T MEAN THAT I"M SELLING IT. and should be put into the infomercial box

AGAIN, IF YOU HATE THE JIG DON"T WATCH IT. END OF STORY. :p
GET OVER IT.

IT was only 1 of the 5 baits that I showed.
And as the open water comes avalible, you'll see me out more and more catching tons of crappie and gills. I don't keep fish, so I'll be taking pictures of the fish before they are released. You wan't see piles of fish that people over harvest on a cleaning table or in the grass, but I keep only a few thru out the year for my son and I only. No need to keep over 6 fish or so at a time. PILES OF PANFISH FOR FISH FRIES ARE COOL. :p

I don't see him posting, HAY LOOK AT MY NEW JIG I TIED, there is only one style.

If that is what I'm using for the day and catching fish, so be it, if not, I'll change and use a different bait. I fish for all types of fish and not just panfish with limited baits. :p

Crappie Reaper
04-01-2008, 06:19 AM
Well, with all that's been said here in this thread, Ill be the first to say I'm sorry that I EVER said I didn't see much action out of either jig in the little fish tank. I also appologize for Keith calling Death before Disco and I, Ignorant. (I'm not sure, but I think that's where this thread took a really bad turn south).

But I'll stand by my statement from the beginning, and still think Ed should start a minimal charge to anyone wanting to add a link to their signature that is a for profit link. Just think, Moderators could recieve a cut of it since they are the ones that have to wallow through this garbage to make sure someone isn't being a poop head. As much as this board has grown, it has now become a timeless job for folks like Pappy to have to wade through on a daily basis. We should all appreciate him and other Mods for their service.

Don't worry Camo, remember, even bad advertising is good. You guys should have the orders coming in droves after this thread. As for the "show me your fish" remark. Those of us who are not fortunate enough to have retired actually WORK for a living. I personally think any idiot could mark a hotspot with a GPS and drill a hole over it in the winter and catch fish. Oh, you also mentioned something about, "if you don't like it, don't watch it", that's like saying, if you don't like it, don't read it. Please spare us, and the rest of the forum from all this.

I think an annual fee of $250 should be just about right for those wanting to sell their wares. It would be about time Ed made some money off all the blood suckers that have leeched their way into here.

john h
04-01-2008, 06:29 AM
lol he wants to see my fish all he has to do is go to the illinois thread.. got plenty of them there.

camofish
04-01-2008, 06:30 AM
so be it, there does that signature work for you.

And let me quote the conduct rules.

Board Rules Of Conduct

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following is an amended version of the rules of conduct, for members posting on this forum and the site in general.

Per Ed Moes - Site Owner and Administrator:

Crappie.com is my website -
These are my rules, and I insist on Crappie.com being a FAMILY oriented “Teach a person how to fish” web site, that any age fisherperson can visit.

Was I not doing that, helping other see what different baits did in the water. :confused: I've not seen anyone else do this? oh that's right we are all fishermen here and now how to fish. :cool:

It wasn't till 1, 2, or 3 members attacked my post and with your attackes, only more and more will come to see it and check it out. Ever think about that. So thru your negative comments, more and more have to stop into this topic and see what is going on. :p So you are directly linked to help sell these products now, or the only one that you've been complaining about. :rolleyes:

john h
04-01-2008, 06:32 AM
how is sticking a knock off jig in a fish tank teaching anyone to fish?... your best bet is to quit while your ahead

so what we have a right to keep this site from being an infomercial in the making.. we love and care for this site and dont abuse it or want it abused so someone can make a quick buck and its not all your fault but we already had crappiekeith in here inundatatins frequently with the jig this the jig that buy buy buy the jig

camofish
04-01-2008, 06:35 AM
lol he wants to see my fish all he has to do is go to the illinois thread.. got plenty of them there.
cool looking dog, :D BTW, are those yellow bass good eating, they are a close cousin of the white bass, and I've heard they aren't that tasty.

john h
04-01-2008, 06:36 AM
taste fine fried. everyone has there own personal tastes. plus id rather keep a bunch of them then a ton of big crappie cause there is tons of whites and yellows and all i eat is fish and chicken .. might have meat once a month due to health reasons

just a few more small fish i caught over the past year

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrrS4ftYma8

camofish
04-01-2008, 06:49 AM
taste fine fried. everyone has there own personal tastes

just a few more small fish i caught over the past year

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrrS4ftYma8
great tune, awesome fish, cool pictures, and I love how you enjoy catching those dinks too, a true fisherman. :D I'd love to tangle with some muskies too. WTG, I'm going to get back into trout fishing this year and do some more catfishing too. WTG well done.

john h
04-01-2008, 07:09 AM
i used to c&r most my fish but since i eat 70% fish now due to health its cheaper to keep some of the lower fish on the food chain to eat then to decimate crappie and walleye populations to fill my freezer

camofish
04-01-2008, 07:12 AM
I'd love to have a freeze full of crappie, perch, walleye, pike and venision, if I could. What would be a great way to save alot of money. :D

john h
04-01-2008, 07:20 AM
ill take some but i have some small ponds where there is 12-14 inch crappie in abundance and im not gonna take to many so those fisheries flourish... i can make them white and yellow bass taste pretty good so i have no issues taking 50 or so of them or some stripers and catfish or largemouths instead of 30-40 crappie even so i prefer the tast of crappie alot more..just this one local pond that noone fishes to much we catch a good amount of fish over 13 and have caught upwards of 60-70 on a warm day with smallest being around 11 inches or so

joejv4
04-01-2008, 07:55 AM
Glad to see this thread has taken a turn toward civilization!!!

Camo, If you're gonna want to get back into trout fishing, I'd wait a week or two, let the crowds thin our a bit. I've gotten so I won't go near a trout stream the first couple weeks of the season - been hooked too many times.

camofish
04-01-2008, 08:07 AM
Glad to see this thread has taken a turn toward civilization!!!

Camo, If you're gonna want to get back into trout fishing, I'd wait a week or two, let the crowds thin our a bit. I've gotten so I won't go near a trout stream the first couple weeks of the season - been hooked too many times.
yea, 2nd week and 3rd are the best it seems. :D
Thinking of taking the canoe out on the open on a lake. They still are iced in over 90%. But, with this rain and warm, that will go fast, the ice is punky looking. :cool:

crappiekeith
04-01-2008, 11:13 PM
Sorry Camo for the ignorant people you have had to deal with.
Just because you know what is all I need to use to slay the thhousands of fish I'll catch doesn't mean that there are not other baits that will catch fish.Yet these fools and bashers continue to miss the issue of downsizing.
Camo you are a very good fisherman and you have great ethics unlike some of the guys here that load up wheel barrles loads .
you have integrity and generally try to help out another guy which is why I'm proud to call a friend.

There's a ton of other jig makers here which I admire.However as much as I've tried to share what & how we fish up north I can see it's not wanted and it only gets made fun of.
Therefore you'll all be glad to know you will not have to look at anything I'll contribute.

God bless those that have God in their hearts as for the others.Well you'll get your just deserts sooner or later.
Peace

Bluegilll
04-01-2008, 11:22 PM
Sorry Camo for the ignorant people you have had to deal with.
Just because you know what is all I need to use to slay the thhousands of fish I'll catch doesn't mean that there are not other baits that will catch fish.Yet these fools and bashers continue to miss the issue of downsizing.
Camo you are a very good fisherman and you have great ethics unlike some of the guys here that load up wheel barrles loads .
you have integrity and generally try to help out another guy which is why I'm proud to call a friend.

There's a ton of other jig makers here which I admire.However as much as I've tried to share what & how we fish up north I can see it's not wanted and it only gets made fun of.
Therefore you'll all be glad to know you will not have to look at anything I'll contribute.
It's appearant by these posts being left to run that it's ok by the owner to mess with others.
I can not nor will not be apart of this forum.
God bless those that have God in their hearts as for the others.Well you'll get your just deserts sooner or later.
Peace

And you saying you have god in your heart.....I'm not gonna argue with you Keith.....but calling people ignorant & fools is nothn but the devil all up in you.

Maybe you need to breathe in & breathe out before commenting if nothn better to call us on crappie.com but ignorant & fools.

john h
04-01-2008, 11:24 PM
no honestly keith we get tired of everyone of your posts being bout your lure.. i have not seen a post yet that you made that doesnt mention your lure in it.. to me that is advertising and not sharing info or anything with people...

get off your high horse and stop being a martyr.. just post like everyone else with out the agenda of making a few bucks by having the name of your lure in every title or every post you make...

now you call us ignorant and fools cause we dont like hearing bout your lure every 5 minutes.. you dont talk bout downsizing you talk bout downsizing to T.H.E. Jig. people have tried to discuss with you other ways but you only seem to think yours is right and everyone else is wrong.. you do the same things on other sites and most of us know that too.. learning is a 2 way street not just a platform for you to preach bout a couple jigs you copied off someone else and arent original in the last bit

all most people asked for is courtesy from you to not throw your jig up in every post you make or at least not make everything a 1 sided conversation.

noone is messing with you onpurpose , they are stating opinions that you have heard many times before , yet you are the one who wants to call people stupid and ignorant, come on now keith be a little realistic and step back and look at it from both sides

this is not an attack on you in the least bit .. just stating that the best way to teach is to listen first and there is a differnce between teaching and preaching

crappiekeith
04-01-2008, 11:29 PM
I agree I am mad for how you treated Camo and I am not perfect.
I'm sorry for the name calling ,but I still feel the way I do after dealing with the rhetoric. Now I was not referring to everyone in this forum ,only a few.

john h
04-01-2008, 11:33 PM
how i treated camo??? me and camo get along fine, maybe you should ask him before you jump down my back.. maybe even check out my youtube and see he left nice comments.yes we did have a disagreement but we talked it out like adults, we didnt pick up our toys and run home .you getting mad at me and camo is just petty when me and him are both grown men and get along fine. thing is we discuss things and not sit there and throw a fit bout it.

noone is bashing you we just trying to get you to understand there is more than just 1 way to catch a fish and dont need you beating us in the head with your lure every time you post..

Bluegilll
04-01-2008, 11:34 PM
I agree I am mad for how you treated Camo and I am not perfect.
I'm sorry for the name calling ,but I still feel the way I do after dealing with the rhetoric. Now I was not referring to everyone in this forum ,only a few.
So bash me all you like I'm done and gone.

Bye-Bye.....wish you luck wherever/whatever you end up doing next.

P.S. Been told this all my life......80+years......Dont leave mad......Just leave.

Mad only gets heart pumpin to fast.And creates alot stress & grey hair.I dont get excited is why I'm bald & not grey headed i'm guessing :D

deathb4disco
04-01-2008, 11:39 PM
no one is bashing you we just trying to get you to understand there is more than just 1 way to catch a fish and dont need you beating us in the head with your lure every time you post..

Amen, brother! Preach!

camofish
04-01-2008, 11:43 PM
wow john, do you sleep buddy. :eek:
Atleast I got about a 5 hour sleep during the day. :D A must when you work 5p-5a, which doesn't leave must for fishing during the work week. ;) But, I do get out a few times a week.

How needs sleep when there is fish out there to catch.
"How hard do you play?"
I'm planning on getting out for an hour for some wet line in the morning. :D
not sure if the trout creek is call for me or not.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/camofish/2008%20open%20H2O/032808_streama.jpg

btw, my peace is said and I'm all done and cool with the outcome. John, I can't wait till you put another vid together. :cool:

john h
04-01-2008, 11:48 PM
might work on one this week after trout opener... nah im lucky if i sleep 2-4 hours a day.. im an insomniac. cant sleep at night and to many fish to catch during the day and have my daughter in the evenings

umm btw whats work? is that one of dem dare cuss words lol

ohh i see your with nafc. i am too well was i kinda wuit when they redid there website and screwed up there bulletin board. a lot of us quit then

camofish
04-01-2008, 11:55 PM
ohh i see your with nafc. i am too well was i kinda wuit when they redid there website and screwed up there bulletin board. a lot of us quit then
Yes, it's all new, but I got back in there and now I met another local fisherman and might be fishing this friday with him, if not we are penciled in for next friday for an all day fish.

Hoping to get some trout on the creek and if the honey hole is ice free, going to get the canoe out on the little bit of openwater and tangle with some panfish or one of those monster toothies. :D

yes, work sucks, and my hours is the only thing that works for my household right now. I work nights and wife works days. sucks but it's not forever. :rolleyes:

crappiekeith
04-02-2008, 10:45 AM
So after a few pm's I'm back.
I'd like to say a few things.

When I fish for panfish I use 1 bait 99% of the time.
If it looks like I'm pushing jigs ,I'm showing fish.
My jig is a jig.They have been made for a long time yet most guys I talk too they are too little for them.Yet I can catch fish when they are not side by side.

As too the guys making fun and belittling what I'm doing.You do not matter in the big picture.
There are many,many guys that I've helped and will continue to help.
My big problem online is that I need to have thicker skin to deal with the ignorant hecklers.