Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CRAPPIE WORLD MAGAZINE. An Answer to ALL your questions!

Brad Uhl Guest

Default CRAPPIE WORLD MAGAZINE. An Answer to ALL your questions!

Crappie World is published 4 times a year. (Winter 12/18, Spring2/20, Summer 4/20, Fall 9/20.) An advertiser decided to have a "special Issue" printed for newstands only. This IS NOT part of the paid subscriptions, and WILL NOT be mailed. It is on newstands only. Natcom is using this as a test, to determine how well a "5th" issue will sell, and looking at making it 5 times a year. Sorry for any confusion!

SIDE NOTE: Any "bill" or "invoice" that is sent with your subscription after you have paid is only a "renewal invoice" that is sent out by the marketing department, just asking you to renew or further your subscriptions. This is sent to all subscribers to give all subscribers the same chance to enter the contest that is going on at that time. Good luck fishing, Better luck catching!

Post Thanks / Like

Ah-sooooo
    thanks Brad for the explanation.

Post Thanks / Like

The only thing wrong with the test might be that I typically don't look at the magazine rack much, and usually not for Crappie World anymore since I subscribed, so although I will readily buy a copy now that I know I won't get one, I (and many other subscribers) might never have known it was available. I know many other magazines also do the same "marketing" renewal mailing too, but in all cases, I don't like it. It is never clearly stated what it is about, and in fact the one I got reads more like a past due notice than anything else. I know it doesn't look likeI will renew my subsciption anyway, if I have to go the the newstand to buy "special issues" and the price is the same for newstand or subsciption. I will still get the magazine, but will save the publisher the postage and myself the bonus junk mail. Sorry to vent, I love the content of the magazine, just not peased with the publishers subsciption service and policy.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Subscription Woes...

Quote Originally Posted by Indy-Travis
    The only thing wrong with the test might be that I typically don't look at the magazine rack much, and usually not for Crappie World anymore since I subscribed, so although I will readily buy a copy now that I know I won't get one, I (and many other subscribers) might never have known it was available. I know many other magazines also do the same "marketing" renewal mailing too, but in all cases, I don't like it. It is never clearly stated what it is about, and in fact the one I got reads more like a past due notice than anything else. I know it doesn't look likeI will renew my subsciption anyway, if I have to go the the newstand to buy "special issues" and the price is the same for newstand or subsciption. I will still get the magazine, but will save the publisher the postage and myself the bonus junk mail. Sorry to vent, I love the content of the magazine, just not peased with the publishers subsciption service and policy.

I have to agree, Indy-Travis. I've had the same problem with both bass and crappie magazines. It was so aggravating I called the first and reminded them that I had subscribed only a month ago, and asked if they needed a good accountant.....because like you, I thought it was a "past due" notice. "Oh, no," he said, "it's just a mailing to get next year's subscription!" I asked if he knew that it reads like a past due notice, and he got real quiet. In that interim, I informed him if I received another before my subscription WAS DUE, there would not be a renewal, now nor in the future. It was the same with both, and never got another of those mailings. And if venting bothers them, they had better try growing thicker skin, because it's going around like a viral flu strain......

Post Thanks / Like

Natcon is a prime example of the need for the postage rate in this country to be set so that the people or companies who use it the most pay the most. Natcom should be used as a case study of how mail order companies make use of a tax subsidized mail system to bombard the tax payers with misleading notices. I renewed for 2 years three months ago and have already received two renewal notices. I sent both with a cover letter to my congressmen asking that postal rates be set to bill the abusers.I will do the same with all future ones.
    I respect any companies right to promote their product. I want the postal rates set to reflect the true cost for each type of mail carried. Make the postal service a profit center and the mailboxes would not be full of junk mail everyday.

Fed up with natcom.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie World is a Great Magazine! Hope that they listen to the readers though

I just finished reading all the posts in this thread. Bottom line is that if these renewal noticed look like a bill or invoice then it will turn the subscribers off. The sale guy says one thing but what is printed carries more weight. If the subscribers pays for a sub and then a month later gets WHAT HE VIEWS as a another bill he or she is not going to be a happy camper. It matters not what it really it but it does matter what the CUSTOMER THINKS!. Something for the marketing guys at Crappie World to think about very seriously.

Bottom line is don't push the customers too hard or they may revolt and stop subscribing all together. That does not mean that the magazine will fail as it appears that most will do what I have done and just buy the magazine one quarter at a time and off the book store shelves. I like to frequent the magazine racks and browse though the different fishing magazines and find the ones that have the best articles. I have found that Crappie World has excellent articles which help me learn to be a better crappie fisherman, I HOPE LOL.

So this post is actually directed at the Marketing guys and not the publisher or the authors of the magazine. Might want to look into revising the wordage on the renewal sub requests. It may help you sell more subscriptions not less. Remember the number one rule of business: 1) the customer is always right Rule 2) there is no other rules ... see rule #1.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Uhl
    Crappie World is published 4 times a year. (Winter 12/18, Spring2/20, Summer 4/20, Fall 9/20.) An advertiser decided to have a "special Issue" printed for newstands only. This IS NOT part of the paid subscriptions, and WILL NOT be mailed. It is on newstands only. Natcom is using this as a test, to determine how well a "5th" issue will sell, and looking at making it 5 times a year. Sorry for any confusion!

SIDE NOTE: Any "bill" or "invoice" that is sent with your subscription after you have paid is only a "renewal invoice" that is sent out by the marketing department, just asking you to renew or further your subscriptions. This is sent to all subscribers to give all subscribers the same chance to enter the contest that is going on at that time. Good luck fishing, Better luck catching!
    Regards,

Moose1am

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Yep

I have a lifetime subscription to B.A.S.S. Wish I had my money back. I have had it many years, and still get plenty of "invoices".

By the way, this was before I really got turned onto to "BIG C's".

Cane Pole
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

slab_seeker Guest

Default Your Forgiven.

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole
    I have a lifetime subscription to B.A.S.S. Wish I had my money back. I have had it many years, and still get plenty of "invoices".

By the way, this was before I really got turned onto to "BIG C's".

Cane Pole

fishinboat Guest

Default crappie world magazine

thanks guys. you helped me out a lot. i also have been getting my crappie world off the shelf, but was getting ready to send a check. knowing that they too practice that marketing on re-subscriptions will keep me from writing the check. i have had the same problem with field and stream and will not be re-subscribing to that rag either. its a shame that companies practice the hard sale, especially the ones like crappie world that do not have to. i will keep going to the newstand for mine. thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like

Default They're all that way

My art magazines start with the renewals several months ahead of time. One mag, which will remain nameless, started on the renewals two months after the initial subscription was ordered. If you look at your magazine mailing label , you'll see a code that shows the month and the year of your last paid issue. If you remit your renewal that month, you should still get everything and not miss an issue. I usually wait until the third notice anyway because these publishers start offering better deals the longer you wait. When it comes to BASS, I wait until I see stuff I want. I'm not sending them money for a lousy hat.
    My motto: Never pay retail. - Roberta
    "Anglers are born honest,
    but they get over it." - Ed Zern

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast