Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Need help finding rod builder...

BlackCrappieBum Guest

Default Need help finding rod builder...

I am looking into having a very nice rod built for fishing small jigs for Crappies. This is by far my favorite way to fish and I have decided to have a nice custom built rod built for this application... I need to find a rod builder to do it though and was wondering if anyone could give me any ideas....

Blank: S841 (GL3) Mahogany 7' 1 piece Fast Action Ultra-Light

Guides: FUJI TYSG Concept Spinning Guides

Thread Wraps: Absolutely no fancy wraps, just want a color that matches well with the blank.

Decal: I want the factory decal that comes with the rod on it and no other decals.

Now here is where it get's tricky...

I want the reel seat to be like this, but proportioned for an ultra light rod/reel:

As for cork I would like it to be the finest cork available with a rubberized cork butt cap that flares out slightly at the end "just like is shown in the above photo"...

Thank you in advance!

Post Thanks / Like

when would you need it buy... it will probably run you bout 200 bucks minimum

BlackCrappieBum Guest

I am in no huge hurry for it. I will shoot you a PM...

Post Thanks / Like

the 200 was just an estimate, i know bout what the blank and reel seat costs, not sure on the guides yet but just in parts its probably bout 150 then the cost to wrap it

BlackCrappieBum Guest

Quote Originally Posted by john h View Post
    the 200 was just an estimate, i know bout what the blank and reel seat costs, not sure on the guides yet but just in parts its probably bout 150 then the cost to wrap it
    It will be higher, those guides are expensive....