I read where it's possible to draw in cooler water from deeper below the boat by attaching a hose to the live well's intake on the boats transom. So I went to the hardware store and purchased some material to make this possible. First I measured the inside diameter of the hole in my boat's transom where the live well pump's hose comes though the transom of my boat. It measured 3/4" ID NOTE: your boat may be different. Then I went to ACE HARDWARE STORE and purchased two feet of 3/4" OD tubing (THIN WALL) I also purchased a 90 deg elbow with barbed fittings on each end that would stick inside the 3/4" od tubing. I put some silicon sealer on the outside of the tubing and stuck it into the hole for the live well on my boat's transom. Then I cut off the hose to about 1" extending out of the hole in my boat's transom and inserted the 90 deg barbed thing inside the extended tubing. I will now take a short piece of the 3/4" od tubing and glue it to the end of the 90 deg elbow that is turned downwards. And finally since the 3/4" od tubing (thin wall) came off a roller at the store and still retains the curved memory effect on the tubing and it won't go straight down from my boat but instead curves back upwards I will only use a short piece of the tubing to attach to the end of the 90 deg elbow's barb. One end of a short piece of the 3/4" od tubing will be inserted over the barb ends of the 90 deg elbow and to the other end of the 3/4" od tubing I will insert a 4 ft piece of hard pvc pipe that fits snuggly inside the 3/4" OD tubing. This should allow my water to be drawn from about 4ft below the surface of the lake. Water 5ft down is a lot cooler than the water at the surface and it should help one keep the live well water cooler in the process. Just don't forget to take in the pipes before you start to motor off very fast. I intend to use this setup on the strip pits that I fish which are all pretty deep. I intend to stay in deeper water with this rigged up. These pits often are over 50ft deep in a lot of the areas. There is some shallow water in these pits too. I will have to be careful not to loose the 4ft long pvc pipe if I get into shallow water. The two pieces of 3/4" OD thin wall polyvinyl tubing should act as flex joints to help prevent the setup from coming off the back of my boat. I only paid a few bucks for all the materials and they can easily be replaced if need be.

Check out my other thread where I did a temperature profile of the pits that I have been fishing. You can see that the water temps goes from 28.5 deg C at the surface down to 16 deg C at 25 ft below the surface. Most of my fish that I am catching are coming from 12ft of water. The difference in temp of the water at ten feet vs 5 ft is not that great as the thermocline in these pits is found below 15 to 20ft somewhere. There may even be two thermoclines in these pits.