Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lake Arthur

Bob G is offline Moderator Keystone Crappie Association Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Arthur

Went to Arthur on saturday. I tried for the crappie and only had one hit from a crappie and I lost it at the boat. I did however have a great day. I caught 5 striper. The smallest was about 4" The other were 18", 19", 22", and 24" caught them on a 1/32oz jig tipped with a minnow on 4lb test. I also caught two walleyes on a bubble belly road runner. They measured in at 23" and 22" also on 4lb test. :p My dad was with me and he managed to catch one striper and a bluegill.
    All in all it was a great day to be on the water.
    Went to Pymatuning on sunday. My partner and I managed to get about a dozen crappie with two over 12" all the rest were small males in 6" to 10" range. All fish this weekend were released. :D
    Bob Griffith
    Ice Team Power Stick
    Clam Corp. Pro Staff
    Keystone Crappie Association member

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Bob G. Went to Wilhelm on Sat. and Sun. Did real good on Sat. on crappie and perch kept 36 my buddy had his two boys with us he kept 80 . Fish were in 15-19' of water all on jigs and sliders . Went back Sun. not as good kept 14, caught two walleyes 17" and 21" released them. Water temp. was only 49 degrees. Couple of buddies went to Shenango on Sat. they did pretty good ,alot of 12+ crappies. Will Probably hit Shenango this week end. Zimmy

S10CHEVY is online now Crappie.com 3K Star General - Moderator Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Bob G
    Went to Arthur on saturday. I tried for the crappie and only had one hit from a crappie and I lost it at the boat. I did however have a great day. I caught 5 striper. The smallest was about 4" The other were 18", 19", 22", and 24" caught them on a 1/32oz jig tipped with a minnow on 4lb test. I also caught two walleyes on a bubble belly road runner. They measured in at 23" and 22" also on 4lb test. :p My dad was with me and he managed to catch one striper and a bluegill.
    All in all it was a great day to be on the water.
    Went to Pymatuning on sunday. My partner and I managed to get about a dozen crappie with two over 12" all the rest were small males in 6" to 10" range. All fish this weekend were released. :D

Great to hear that you all are catching fish. Haven't got out yet, as between working 6 days a week right now and, others things going on. Parivercat is having hit and miss luck on Shenango Dam. Need to do a bit of work on my boat, and get my motor out of the repair shop, then hopefully will be in the water too. Happy fishing guys, oh yes, and gals, lol. S10CHEVY