PDA

View Full Version : Hey Wally are you listening?????

crazyboutcrappie
03-29-2008, 09:28 PM
How about you starting a "real" crappie fishing T.V. show with a format like your videos...We need some primetime entertainment- instruction....Tknight

Miller
03-29-2008, 10:18 PM
How about you starting a "real" crappie fishing T.V. show with a format like your videos...We need some primetime entertainment- instruction....Tknight

AMEN, I am tired of watching Gold digging, and bass fishing on the outdoor channel.

john h
03-29-2008, 10:19 PM
i dont even understand why they have bass shows.. do people really need to learn how to catch them?

fishing buddy
03-30-2008, 09:51 AM
It would be great if we had a show where they go to public lakes and show you how to catchum. Most shows go to private or non pressure lakes...like fish in a barrel:D

crappiefarmer
03-30-2008, 11:01 AM
AMEN, I am tired of watching Gold digging, and bass fishing on the outdoor channel.

That is the dang truth!CF

sac-a-lait
03-30-2008, 12:57 PM
the still panning for gold...GOLD GOLD FEVER FEVER...That's one of the main reasons I went with a company who DOESN'T carry the ODC. They are terrible.

skiptomylu
03-30-2008, 12:59 PM
You would think as many people that fish for crappie that we could support one TV show huh?

Skip

deathb4disco
03-30-2008, 01:13 PM
No fishing show exists without sponsors. A crappie fishing show would need several sponsors with deep pockets.

I'm not holding my breath.

Miller
03-30-2008, 01:24 PM
No fishing show exists without sponsors. A crappie fishing show would need several sponsors with deep pockets.

I'm not holding my breath.

That is true that Bass torneys keep bass fish a main staple on the OC( everybody wants to be the next Kevin Van Damm sp?), but you would think that with Crappie(panfish) being the most popular fish to catch that there would be more run on T.V.

deathb4disco
03-30-2008, 02:06 PM
but you would think that with Crappie(panfish) being the most popular fish to catch that there would be more run on T.V.

I think the number of crappie/bluegill/catfish anglers dwarfs the number of bass fishermen in the country. However, because C/B/C fishing tends to be much more live bait-oriented and because the tackle used tends to be much less expensive, it's not the kind of fishing that advertisers flock to.

Fly fishing is a small niche in the angling world, but you'd never know it by the amount of TV time it gets. The "expensive tackle" angle is the only reason I can think of to explain this. The FF shows focus on trout and saltwater because its those fishermen who are buying $600 graphite rods and $2,000 bamboo rods.

Miller
03-30-2008, 02:26 PM
I think the number of crappie/bluegill/catfish anglers dwarfs the number of bass fishermen in the country. However, because C/B/C fishing tends to be much more live bait-oriented and because the tackle used tends to be much less expensive, it's not the kind of fishing that advertisers flock to.

Fly fishing is a small niche in the angling world, but you'd never know it by the amount of TV time it gets. The "expensive tackle" angle is the only reason I can think of to explain this. The FF shows focus on trout and saltwater because its those fishermen who are buying $600 graphite rods and $2,000 bamboo rods.

Your right... Money talks

sam liddiard
03-30-2008, 02:39 PM
I keep hearing about these Crappie videos.
How do I get some?
Who has them?
I went in Sportsman Warehouse, they wanted $42 bucks for one, I think thats a little high. sam

Nightprowler
03-30-2008, 03:46 PM
http://www.midwestcrappie.com/merchandise.html

Smoky
03-30-2008, 04:14 PM
I'd love to see Mr. Crappie have a fishin show. He's got some sponsors now, but are they willing to shell out the big bucks for a TV spot? Hopefully Wally is listening...Tight Lines!

1weezer
03-30-2008, 06:36 PM
It would be great if we had a show where they go to public lakes and show you how to catchum. Most shows go to private or non pressure lakes...like fish in a barrel:D

Midwest Crappie with Russ Bailey is a great crappie show and has never been filmed on a pond. It is on the Sportsmans Channel. If you can not get that channel, you can always get the DVD's.

SpeckWick
03-30-2008, 08:11 PM
Russ's shows are great. He films them on lakes all over the midwest and south with some really good crappie fishermen. Trouble is, I can't get the Sportsmans Channel on my service. DVDs are great, but I find that I will watch them once or twice and then lone them out never to be seen again or just stow them away with the library of DVDs I never watch anymore. I really wish ESPN and the FOX Sports networks would catch on and see how popular crappie fishing is. I live in Ohio. I don't need to watch shows about offshore fishing or shark tournaments or flyfishing the flats. If I lived in Florida, that would be okay. And what do I learn from watching the Bassmasters guys win millions of dollars catching fish I could care less about? We got Wally Marshall, Ernest Patty, Jimmy Duckworth, Todd Huckabee, Russ Bailey....etc, etc. I'd rather watch one of these guys talk slabbin' than any of the other shows out there.

byg
03-30-2008, 09:34 PM
Yea , we dont do much off shore fishing here in Ohio do we ? I always thought cool a fishing show,then find out there chasing Blue Marlin or something,then mummble to myself "That one rod cost more than my boat"
LOL.

fishing buddy
03-30-2008, 09:36 PM
Midwest Crappie with Russ Bailey is a great crappie show and has never been filmed on a pond. It is on the Sportsmans Channel. If you can not get that channel, you can always get the DVD's.

Thanks will have to check that out

pstone
03-30-2008, 11:01 PM
LOL, Crappie fishermen are cheap, and untill we decide to start spending big money on fishing equipment, and new boats every year, and so on, we will never even get close to bass fishing. If the companies that make and sell crappie gear are struggling, they can't sponsor anyone for a show, and be profitable...

ShilohRed
03-31-2008, 12:34 AM
LOL, Crappie fishermen are cheap, and untill we decide to start spending big money on fishing equipment, and new boats every year, and so on, we will never even get close to bass fishing. If the companies that make and sell crappie gear are struggling, they can't sponsor anyone for a show, and be profitable...

Shoot I thought we did not?
Or me and canepole are doing our part. LOL
pete

TnRidge
03-31-2008, 04:16 AM
I like the Bass fishing shows . It's all good . Much better than the outdoor programing that we had to choose from before cable and satellite came along .

CrappieHead
03-31-2008, 06:12 AM
good reply

Russ's shows are great. He films them on lakes all over the midwest and south with some really good crappie fishermen. Trouble is, I can't get the Sportsmans Channel on my service. DVDs are great, but I find that I will watch them once or twice and then lone them out never to be seen again or just stow them away with the library of DVDs I never watch anymore. I really wish ESPN and the FOX Sports networks would catch on and see how popular crappie fishing is. I live in Ohio. I don't need to watch shows about offshore fishing or shark tournaments or flyfishing the flats. If I lived in Florida, that would be okay. And what do I learn from watching the Bassmasters guys win millions of dollars catching fish I could care less about? We got Wally Marshall, Ernest Patty, Jimmy Duckworth, Todd Huckabee, Russ Bailey....etc, etc. I'd rather watch one of these guys talk slabbin' than any of the other shows out there.

TreednNC
03-31-2008, 08:14 AM
film a crappie show, you'd cover bass and crappie then. I couldnt tell you how many times Ive made tourny bass fishermen mad when catching a 2-5lb largemouth next to them while crappie fishing and in an overloud voice tell my buddy "He sure will make good catfish bait tonight" only to let it go once the tourny guys go around the corner muttering something with "sob" in the middle of it. Never fail to catch largemouth while crappie fishin. Gets on my nerves.

deathb4disco
03-31-2008, 08:18 AM
film a crappie show, you'd cover bass and crappie then. I couldnt tell you how many times Ive made tourny bass fishermen mad when catching a 2-5lb largemouth next to them while crappie fishing and in an overloud voice tell my buddy "He sure will make good catfish bait tonight" only to let it go once the tourny guys go around the corner muttering something with "sob" in the middle of it. Never fail to catch largemouth while crappie fishin. Gets on my nerves.

I'm looking forward to the first telecast of "Fishin' with TreednNC". :)

jimdiana
04-01-2008, 06:56 AM
I almost never go bass fishing. My favorite method of fishing is to put a couple of minnows under a bobber and see what happens. However, I catch a tremendous amount of bass that think they're crappie. I guess they think my little crappie minnows make a nice snack. I would really like to see fishing shows that target crappie and bluegill.

TreednNC
04-01-2008, 07:05 AM
I'm looking forward to the first telecast of "Fishin' with TreednNC". :)

:rolleyes:

crazyboutcrappie
04-04-2008, 09:18 PM
Mr. Crappie Read This Post......Tknight

beagle man
04-05-2008, 08:29 AM
Pstone and others said crappie fishing stuff is cheap to buy and it is , so every one send me there fishing stuff and I will hold a yard sale and price it real high, real high. then I will take the money and produce a show. now boy's and girls, men and women of all age's if it dont sell I will just keep and use it (cause I tried) that way it wont go to waste... send new crappie stuff to

fishing buddy
04-05-2008, 09:09 AM
Pstone and others said crappie fishing stuff is cheap to buy and it is , so every one send me there fishing stuff and I will hold a yard sale and price it real high, real high. then I will take the money and produce a show. now boy's and girls, men and women of all age's if it dont sell I will just keep and use it (cause I tried) that way it wont go to waste... send new crappie stuff to

All the extras can come to me:D

mrwillis
04-05-2008, 02:36 PM
See, the way I look at it is that with the price of bass fishing stuff, bass fishermen can't go all the time, thus needing something to do...like watch other people catch bass on TV. Well, with crappie stuff being cheaper (if I can control myself everytime I go to a sports store), we fish every day we can. So, maybe we need to thank them for not putting a show on TV that might keep us in our chair on a day we should be out on our boat.

OK...that was a lame attempt to make us all feel better. Did it work?

TapOut64
04-05-2008, 04:00 PM

Have you seen the Midwest crappie series? (http://myoutdoortv.com/pdk/web/rl-popupplayer.html?feedPID=3vltyg0pQlcbVMxOBUuej46tL oBh5oHx) I think they're excellent and Russ does a nice job.