Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Kerr Report

Post Thanks / Like

Default Kerr Report

We cancelled our Fri. night plans because of rain, wind, and a bunch of dead minnows.
    My son and I got to BIBT at 6:30 Sat. A.M. and we hooked up with Dave. He was supposed to have a client but the guy cancelled. We put in at Buffalo and fished the bushes for 2 hours. Dave caught one nice one (see his pic.) and we caught some small ones but the high wind made boat control very difficult. We did some trolling after that and caught one more good one and a couple avg. size. I think we ended up with 4 or 5 keepers and a couple white bass. We called it quits around 3:00
    They had a big tournament out of Bobcats so my son and I rode over there to check the results. The winner had 17 lbs. and change and the big fish was about 2 1/2. The winner was the same local that wins all the Bobcat tournaments. I'd give a pretty penny to stow away on his boat for a day.
    A bunch of teams didn't weigh in at all and most of the ones that did had around 10#.

We put the boat over at Sandy at 5:00 and the wind died out completely. Between 6 and dark we caught about 10 keepers along with a bunch of dinks, some catfish and white bass. (all trolling).
    The buzz at the weigh in was that most of the fish had come from Buffalo early on Sat. so we decided to be there at first light on Sun. The weather was perfect and the bite was awful. We quit at 3:00 with 4 keepers.
    I stopped on the way out and talked to Jerry (Crappie Crossing) for awhile and he gave me a few tips for the changing seasons. Always a good thing talk to a man in the know.
    Overall a good trip with my son and a fun day with Dave.
    Father of 4 time bash winner. At least I'm pretty sure:o

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Sound like an enjoyable time despite the lousy fishing. I'm still debating whether to go Thurs for a few days or not. The weather forcast is kinda iffy, but if Scott has room for me at the Little Retreat, I just might have to go anyway.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

I know what you mean but I also know that the pattern we were on 2 weeks ago ain't gonna work.
    The water is dropping out of the bushes so I guess the fish will be on structure but how to find them I don't have a clue.
    Father of 4 time bash winner. At least I'm pretty sure:o

Post Thanks / Like

when the water comes out of the bushes,they wont leave the shore but so far.we have drifted corks all the way up to the last week in may at 6ft deep.
    Dave
    Boydton,VA