Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NEWSFLASH: Tite-Lok under new OWNERSHIP/MGT.

Post Thanks / Like

Default NEWSFLASH: Tite-Lok under new OWNERSHIP/MGT.

I'm the first person to down play a product over bad customer service so I should also be the same person to commend the same company when the go above and beyond.

I sent Tite-lok an email and called them a few months back about upgrading a couple of parts on the Black-widow rod holder. Well no one called me back or answered the email. I wrote them off and said I would never buy from them again. Well out of the blue I get a call from the new Manager who must have found some old emails or something. Anyway to make a long story short that place is under new Mgt and if anyone has ever had a problem with the customer service give it another try and see what happens.

They told me they have some new products coming out soon too.

Post Thanks / Like

It is good to hear that they are going to conduct business the right way.
    "Those who will trade a little liberty for a little security will lose both and deserve neither" Thomas Jefferson

Post Thanks / Like

That's great!! I thought I had read something about that on here already.
    If I Ain't Crappie Fishin', I'm Thinkin' About It............

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I used to work with the guy who holds the patent rights on the Black Widow rod holder. Seems they were developed at the plant we worked at on midnight shift. Lots of us used prototypes for some time.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

i am glad to hear that
    Get the net!

Post Thanks / Like

I have never had any problems getting a reply from them Julie has always gotten back to me as soon as she can on any questions I have had about any thing. Or any thing I could think of that would make the product better.
    I have a pair of these\
    http://www.titelok.com/product_info....roducts_id=258
    To mount on the new boat. and they have them on sale for $99 each. Well built and handles rods great.
    Sac thanks for the heads up Had not heard anything about them being under new Ownership. but that happens.
    Also I heard that when the old style knobs run out they will be going to the bigger kind. And I also asked if they could fix the little washers where they would allow more adjustments to the holders and she told me they would see if it can be worked into them. I plan on redoing mine that way anyway.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

I have used them for years and wondered why all the static about them. I'm glad that they are addressing the "issues" with their holders. They really are a well built product. I hope they continue in the right direction. If I ever win the lottery somebody is gonna have to outfit my boat!!

Post Thanks / Like

julie contacted me due to my complements about the last thread on this matter, and believe me they have my business that is for sure!
    EAT, SLEEP, FISH AND LOVE THY WIFE

RogerA is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have also used their rod holders for years and I have been very satisfied with them. I am also friends with the guy who holds the patent on them. Hey ShilohRed one thing I have done to improve the amount of adjustments on them is to trow away the adjustment washers and put on some STAR lock washers if you know what I'm talking about. This will allow for very small adjustments. The guy who invented them told me to do this with them. I am also friends with a guy who is sponsored by them on the tournament trail and he had photographed some things I have made and adapted to them for holding needle nose pliers and some other things. He was going to send the photos to them for ideas on future products. They have been great folks to deal with as far as I am concerned.
    Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly, and Trust in our Creator who Loves us

Post Thanks / Like

I have 2 Titelocks , and 4 Driftmasters . The Driftmasters stayed on my boat . I took the Titelocks off .
    Hopefully the new management with tweak the rod holders to make them better by listening to their customers .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast