Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Loz 4/10

Post Thanks / Like

Default Loz 4/10

Went out today again, 3 of us all brought back in our limits most of them where males and a few females. Nothing big like yesterday, but better numbers. Fished from the 38-50 (Osage) hitting banks that had structure on them. Most fish where caught shallow, but not yet on the spawn yet. Should only be a matter of time till they are in full swing. Didnt use a single minnow either day, had to let them bake in the sun at the ramp today. Waste of Outlaws 2 bucks stick with jigs, cheaper and easier to keep alive!

For Bugman and Duane it was good to finally put a face to a name. Hope we can do it again another day. We got back and weight our fish the 15 that we weight came in at 11lbs 4oz. For sure say that Bugman had big fish at 1lb 5oz. Our big 3 was anywhere from a 1lb 3oz to a 1lb 1oz. But I think we had the overall but since we didnt weight any...we will never know. Duane I hope you can get back up here and have some better luck next time. Thanks for the beer again!
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TAE73
    Went out today again, 3 of us all brought back in our limits most of them where males and a few females. Nothing big like yesterday, but better numbers. Fished from the 38-50 (Osage) hitting banks that had structure on them. Most fish where caught shallow, but not yet on the spawn yet. Should only be a matter of time till they are in full swing. Didnt use a single minnow either day, had to let them bake in the sun at the ramp today. Waste of Outlaws 2 bucks stick with jigs, cheaper and easier to keep alive!

For Bugman and Duane it was good to finally put a face to a name. Hope we can do it again another day. We got back and weight our fish the 15 that we weight came in at 11lbs 4oz. For sure say that Bugman had big fish at 1lb 5oz. Our big 3 was anywhere from a 1lb 3oz to a 1lb 1oz. But I think we had the overall but since we didnt weight any...we will never know. Duane I hope you can get back up here and have some better luck next time. Thanks for the beer again!
    Was waiting for you to make this post. Was great meeting everyone. Someday I will learn for you pro's, I do hate fishing LOZ. But had a great time. That beer just relaxed me and had to have Paul drive us from Richland home. Saturday is a bad day for me always so tired.
    Duane

My soon to be ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be heading down there in 2 weeks hope the bite is in full swing by then.

Post Thanks / Like

Should be, what parts are u fishing?
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure yet I have never fished LOZ before. We are renting a house at TarTara and I have to go to a wedding Saturday night. But the rest of the weekend is all fishing.

Where is some good spots close to TanTara and what colors are they biting on?

Post Thanks / Like

I have not fished around Tan-tara, but I have heard there is some pretty good docks with brush around them. Right now a good color has been any color with chartuse in it. If Bugman checks this he might be able to help you out. He fishes around that part of the lake alot more than I do. In a couple of weeks the lake will be starting to increase with bigger boats so be prepared to see some rough water especially if the weather is nice. But dont let that stop you from fishing any, go early and the more you can stay in the coves the better. I will keep fishing till the 30th of this month and that will be my last day till September or Oct on this lake. I will be at Truman or Mark Twain the rest of time. Water gets to rough for me and my boat.
    Ted

Overland Park, SE Kansas and Lake of the Ozarks
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Heading to Lake of the O - Need Help

I live in Denver, but my heart is in the Ozarks. I am heading to the Loz this weekend (4/16-4/19) and need any help you can give me. I'm at the 25 MM across from Tan Tara.

Where do I fish? Points, Secondary Points, Cove.
    What Structure? Lay Downs, Boat Docks, Brush Piles, Pea Gravel.
    What Lure? Jigs, Minnows, Spinners
    What Depth? 4-8, 8 -12

Awe, heck, why don't you just catch the fish for me!

I'm bringing a fly fisherman and want to show him that eating fried crappie is the other have of the equation.

Persuit

Post Thanks / Like

Jigs (any color with Chartruese), boat docks with brush, 4 to 14 foot of water.

You pay for my gas and you got a deal!

Crappie taste way better than those darn trout do, and you dont have to cook them with the heads on.
    Ted

Overland Park, SE Kansas and Lake of the Ozarks
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Loz

Quote Originally Posted by TAE73
    Jigs (any color with Chartruese), boat docks with brush, 4 to 14 foot of water.

You pay for my gas and you got a deal!

Crappie taste way better than those darn trout do, and you dont have to cook them with the heads on.
    Thanks for the information. I'll give you an update with pix when I return around the 21st.

Dennis

Post Thanks / Like

tan tara docks can be great this time of year along with any dock thats in a cove if youre on the 25 mm the docks in kinchlow hollow should be great but if i wanted to catch alot of crappie i would run to pin oak or anderson bay aka party cove they dont have docks but plenty of brush and bunches of spawning crappie. The fish in those coves dont hold tight to structure while theyre spawning you can troll the banks and cast to shore when you find the right color and depth you can wear them out. good luck.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast