Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rod holders for jon boats

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rod holders for jon boats

You fellers that uses jon boats what/where do you get the rod holders.I havent found nothing to mount down the sides.Or for that matter to mount nowhere.Wears me out in just a hour or so having to hold my rod & reel.

Yadkin Guide is offline Crappie Wall Hanger * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Rod Holders

Hello,
    Send me a picture or your boat's side and I can make some recommendations. There are many type of bases available to fit most appications. I stock most types of bases from Driftmaster, Santee Special, and a few others. Send the pictures to [email protected]

Maybe I can help.

ExtremeFishingConcepts.com

Post Thanks / Like

post a photo on the board of your boats rail and im sure youll get plenty of good reccomendations....
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yadkin Guide View Post
    Hello,
    Send me a picture or your boat's side and I can make some recommendations. There are many type of bases available to fit most appications. I stock most types of bases from Driftmaster, Santee Special, and a few others. Send the pictures to [email protected]

Maybe I can help.

ExtremeFishingConcepts.com

I have this boat.Has round rails down sides.

http://www.trackerboats.com/boat/?boat=2862

Post Thanks / Like

I have a wood deck on front I mounted some drifmaster knock-offs to, then I have two adjustable plastic Attwoods (Scotty copies) that I just drilled through the sides, near the rail, and bolted the swivel mounts in. Above the water line, of course. They're removable form the mounts. Both came from Wally World.
    For the back of my boat I made some PVC rod holders and screwed them into the transom. I also had a few of the cheap clamp-on style holders, but they had too much wiggle and were too cheap. I didn't want to lose a rod because of a $3 rod holder, so I removed them.

One of these days I'll take some pics.
    John 21:3
    Simon Peter said to them, "I am going fishing." They said to him, "We are going with you also." They went out and immediately got into the boat, and that night they caught nothing.

And we act like this Nightstalking thing is new.

For some excitment, read the next verse. A special guest arrived, they filled their coolers and had a fish fry on the beach...in the morning. My kind of people.- Bowfin

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

I have sevreal nice models i have made that would fit your boat will try to send some pics tomorrow after work.
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

You can make some nice ons with c clamps , you just have to add a couple of extra pieces to the inside of the clamp.
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

dont get those clamp on ones---i never go them to work well
    Get the net!

Yadkin Guide is offline Crappie Wall Hanger * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Rod Holders

Driftmaster and Santee Special makes bases for this type of gunwale. They attach easily with 2 screws and are very secure. The Driftmaster is a 202-B for 1/2 inch rod holders and T-Bars and the 212-B for 3/8 rod holders. Santee also makes the S10-R for 1/2 inch rod holders. All of these can be seen on my website www.ExtremeFishingConcepts.com

Good luck and happy fishing on whatever you decide to go with.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast