Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Anyone fish Lake Pickthorne or Barnett

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone fish Lake Pickthorne or Barnett

Has anyone been to Pickthorne or Lake Barnett lately? I know crappie fishing is usually a little slow at these lakes. Is anyone catching anything there?

Post Thanks / Like

Butler I have never fished pickthorn have you? I heard it is has the darkest mud water you could ever have and makes you feel like you are fishing a muddy swimming pool.

Post Thanks / Like

I did last year, but only from the bank, it is a little crowded and overfished there. I hear the best place is the back-side where there are stick ups. I know they have been landing some nice bass in there but b/c of the slot limit they have to release them. I heard the water is high right now too, although it is a really shallow lake. I might hit it up this week by boat.

Post Thanks / Like

Butler are the people up there crappie fishing for bass or crappie? I have heard that it is fished hard for bass but I have never heard anyone crappie fishing out there.
    I am guessing that with you talking about Conway and Pickthorn you live in NLR.

Post Thanks / Like

The people I have talked to were Bass fishing, but they were talking to others out there that were crappie fishing. I live here but have never really fished in the area. I am originally from Heber Springs, so I know that area well. I would drive to the White River Refuge around DeWitt last year, a 3 hour drive, just for some good action. I am looking to stay a little closer to home. I kow lake Conway is good, but I dont like all the people out there.

Post Thanks / Like

Butler you should give Peckerwood a try. Its not a hour from Pickthorn and the lake only gets fished in the late winter and early spring form what I understand. The lake is owned by Wing Mead Farms. It is used for a duck rest area in the fall and winter and gets to low to fish in the summer. I have been out on the lake myself only a couple of times but we loaded the boat each time I have gone. The reason I found this site and am doing all this research is because of the crappie fishing on Peckerwood.

Post Thanks / Like

I might do that. What are your tips for Peckerwood? Bait/Place?

Post Thanks / Like

Default lake barnett

hey guys, lake barnett is about ten minutes from my house,but i will still drive 3 hours to fish a good crappie lake instead of lake barnett. lake barnett is one moooooody lake!!! it gets alot more fishing pressure than what most people thinks.crappie can be found on barnett but they are usually more trouble to find and hard to catch. they bite one day and not the next,and most of the time not at all. i would not recommend lake barnett for crappie fishing.