Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Goose Creek Lake?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Goose Creek Lake?

Hello, all - I'm new here and I've only been lurking for a week or so. Lots of great info and people here from what I've seen so far.

I've lived in the STL area for about eight years, but I grew up down at LOZ and have yet to find a good spot to fish here in this area...

Well, a buddy and I bought an access lot down at Goose Creek lake and we are planning to make our first trip down there this weekend. I know it's a private lake, but I was wondering if any one here has fished there or heard if it's good fishing or not. Really hoping to pull out some nice slabs :D

Any info or insight on the fishing there would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

-Coop
    Swan-Diving off the tongues of crippled giants

Post Thanks / Like

Polvo,
    Sorry, can't help you on the lake, but would like to welcome you to the MO board. Great info. here.

Mark
    Mark

Pitching jigs, catching slabs, life is good

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Polvo......I'm sure you'll enjoy the folks here, and maybe learn some things also.....Good Fishin
    I just KNOW it was a big one!!!
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

No info here either but Welcome
    "Those who will trade a little liberty for a little security will lose both and deserve neither" Thomas Jefferson

Post Thanks / Like

never heard of the lake but welcome and come back often it's a hoot here.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello

I grew up a couple miles from there, off Y highway. I am not sure abour crappie, but a friend of mine fishes for bass there and does real well with Rebel crawdads. I will ask him when I see him at work if he has any info on crappie. By the way, I live in Festus.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool - thanks for the info! Let me know when if you get info on the crappie, too.

The weather doesn't look like it will cooperate, though....
    Swan-Diving off the tongues of crippled giants

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nralover View Post
    Hello

I grew up a couple miles from there, off Y highway. I am not sure abour crappie, but a friend of mine fishes for bass there and does real well with Rebel crawdads. I will ask him when I see him at work if he has any info on crappie. By the way, I live in Festus.

nralover,

You ever fish Plattin Creek? Used to be a slab we parked by down a ways from the hospital. You know what's going on with the creek? I have caught some great fish outta there. Caught a walley from there. Several actually but they are small and just out of one hole.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xbht View Post
    nralover,

You ever fish Plattin Creek? Used to be a slab we parked by down a ways from the hospital. You know what's going on with the creek? I have caught some great fish outta there. Caught a walley from there. Several actually but they are small and just out of one hole.
    Sure I know the slab! I have caught some fish there myself. I also drank some beers and got into some wild fisticuffs down there. Man was I an idiot I also saw guys shoot through the culvert tubes- they were bigger idiots than me evidently. Nowadays I fish the Conservation Lake, Big River and a few SWEET farm ponds in the area.

Post Thanks / Like

No help here but welcome just the same.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast